Football Manager

loughboroughRAM

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When i was manager of Stockport County on the verge of the Premier league I couldn't bring myself to play the play off final... I won the semi and had about a month without looking at it before playing it.... I cleared a full weekend so i could prepare everything on the Saturday and play it on the Sunday.....such a great day... 1-0 Peter Beardsley with a captain fantastic role and a goal early on in the first half, we ended up hanging on at the end, but we did it and I opened a couple of cans of Skol as a reward to myself.!

I haven't purchased the new one for a few seasons actually, i am thinking of getting this one, maybe leave it until the majority of bugs are fixed though.

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

When i was manager of Stockport County on the verge of the Premier league I couldn't bring myself to play the play off final... I won the semi and had about a month without looking at it before playing it.... I cleared a full weekend so i could prepare everything on the Saturday and play it on the Sunday.....such a great day... 1-0 Peter Beardsley with a captain fantastic role and a goal early on in the first half, we ended up hanging on at the end, but we did it and I opened a couple of cans of Skol as a reward to myself.!

I haven't purchased the new one for a few seasons actually, i am thinking of getting this one, maybe leave it until the majority of bugs are fixed though.

Save game day before final, lose game? Reload the save file.

Everyone does it, before any cup final, league decider, relegation decider.

Anyone that denies it is a liar.

32 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Save game day before final, lose game? Reload the save file.

Everyone does it, before any cup final, league decider, relegation decider.

Anyone that denies it is a liar.

never... i decided i wasn't going to do that no matter what happened.....luckily i was never tested...thanks to Jim Gannon and Peter Beardsley.

I remember in CM2 drawing Chester at Goodison in the FA Cup when I was Everton. They beat me three times in a row, the first a 3-0 humping. After the third time the disc got frisbee'd against the wall and I had to buy another copy. Ironically, when I played them again I won comfortably.....

had a half day today so nipped to Game this morning and picked it up.  So far - 

Sold Shotton to Burnley for £500k as I needed free up some wages.  Also about to make Bucko available (i know, but he's never been that good on the game...).  Signed a Brondby reserve who looks to be a 21yo Baird as he can play anywhere in def or mid.  This is to cover for Hughes/Bryson/Butterfield/Johnson who're all injured.  Also had to promote Tom Koblenz but he looks as though he can do a job for a couple of months.

Set up as our standard 4-3-3 with all the usual suspects and so far pre-season has gone well, beat Walsall 3-0, Crawley 4-0 and Parma a very convincing 3-0 (they only had 2 shots the hole 90 mins).  The only blot on the copy book was a 1-1 draw with Mansfield but i was experimenting with a 3-4-1-2 as a plan b.

The game itself is very similar to last years but everything is a lot easier to navigate, especially player's stats and the tactics which are a lot simpler to use this time around.  Just hacked off i had to leave it come to work :(

22 hours ago, RicME85 said:

0C60F5B6A81BB91B9F18BE29145BD941F60F4B83

Sheffield Wednesday going up in the second auto spot :o Reading beating Burnley in the playoff final :o 

You've obviously got a bit more time on your hands than me, I've only just passed where we are this season.  Beat Brighton 5-1 at home to move to 40 points.  Sat in 3rd, 8 points from QPR who're top, 6 from 2nd Brighton who're 2nd.  Fo**st are a lot better on my save, their currently 7th having suffered a loss of form since we beat them 1-0 at the Council Ground...

Ince & Martin top scorers with 10 a piece.

Downloaded the demo.

1) Pride Park? it's the iPro Stadium

2) Joe McClaren left in the summer

3) No transfer funds really? 

4) Weimann right winger and can't play in the hole?

5) Russell a striker, not a winger?

Can't see me buying, not because of the above but 'kin ell theres so many screens and options I can see it being an arse to play on the MacBook, sat here with a mouse on the desktop but that's being banished into the spare room that's being turned into an office. Not sitting up there all night playing this.

I would love for a classic Championship Manager 98 interface and game with updated squads. I've got no time for all these prozone stats, boring interviews and controlling every single aspect of the game

1) Is B4 the researcher?

2-5) Researcher has done a piss poor job, Im sure they have signed up to do the role so they get a free copy and their name in the game, not sure if they have actually watched a Derby match.

Always hated playing FM/CM on a laptop, something about a trackpad and the game makes it such a slog.

I too hate all the micro management stuff, at the start of every game I go through and assign staff to take care of everything except transfers, squad selection and team talks. After a while I usually go over to the other mode they introduced a few years ago as Classic and changed this year to tie in with the super duper high end tablet version, Touch.

Why not go for CM01/02 with the data update from champman0102.co.uk? CM01/02 is a free download, Eidos gave it away years ago.

Archived