maydrakin

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted Monday at 15:27 · Report post

My money's on either :

- name change for the Ipro

- Sam Rush moves on

- Radio Derby appoint a knowledgeable, credible and competent commentator who acts his age

Cant be said you didn't get the heads up……...

Been here 3 years. I'd say we've grown a fair amount in that time. 

They say Sam Rush could convince Daveo to alter the Ram logo up there ^

They say Sam Rush once chased Utch to the train station. And caught him

Apparently Sam Rush does funny puns. 

Sam Rush even rates Bryson higher than valleyram. 

In 1998 Sam Rush turned down 3 Mexican women

Sam Rush goes to more games than eddie. 

Sam Rush bought Muespach a Liverpool shirt. Muespach wore it. Twice.

Rush even once came up with a topic that curtains didn't have youtube video for. 

I think you will find all of the above achievements were eclipsed the day he got b4 to wear a Forest top...

This is no big deal for me. He sacked a manager who produced some of the most exciting football seen at the I pro . He appointed a player recruitment team who failed to make any significant signings over and above the players NC left at the club. So for me just a behind the scenes man who is now having a go with Clements and doing OK.

I have to say I agree with Muespach that the whole thing leaves a slightly sour taste.

Yes Sam is great, yes I’m more than glad he’s committed, but should he not have been committed anyway?

As far as I’m concerned he is our Chairman &  CEO. He sits on the Board Of Directors and is a large shareholder in the club. Does it really take a “5 year contract” to keep him here? I say he should be committed to the club  permanently until MM decides he’s no longer doing a good job and ousts him. Or or we, the fans, start protesting his tenure (can’t see it, but you get the idea)

I don’t see any sense in the “signed a 5 year deal” press circus other than just BS and spin

They say that his original 3 year deal was expiring? I call BS on that as it was never mentioned at the time, and why would it have been? Who appoints an unknown CEO and says it’s for 3 years?

I look at the whole thing and think to myself – we’re Derby. We’re better than this. It doesn’t feel very dignified.

Then I remember that Rush is an ex-players agent and it all makes a bit more sense. SAD FACE

12 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

I have to say I agree with Muespach that the whole thing leaves a slightly sour taste.

Yes Sam is great, yes I’m more than glad he’s committed, but should he not have been committed anyway?

As far as I’m concerned he is our Chairman &  CEO. He sits on the Board Of Directors and is a large shareholder in the club. Does it really take a “5 year contract” to keep him here? I say he should be committed to the club  permanently until MM decides he’s no longer doing a good job and ousts him. Or or we, the fans, start protesting his tenure (can’t see it, but you get the idea)

I don’t see any sense in the “signed a 5 year deal” press circus other than just BS and spin

They say that his original 3 year deal was expiring? I call BS on that as it was never mentioned at the time, and why would it have been? Who appoints an unknown CEO and says it’s for 3 years?

I look at the whole thing and think to myself – we’re Derby. We’re better than this. It doesn’t feel very dignified.

Then I remember that Rush is an ex-players agent and it all makes a bit more sense. SAD FACE

Quite simply the Chairman and owner values the work of his No.1 guy. A 5 year contract gives Sam a vote of confidence from Mel so that he can equally buy into the long term that Mel is promoting. In essence it shows he is valued and appreciated. Also if another club come calling for our back room "superstar"  it will cost them heavily. No loss of dignity to me, what's the problem?

11 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Quite simply the Chairman and owner values the work of his No.1 guy. A 5 year contract gives Sam a vote of confidence from Mel so that he can equally buy into the long term that Mel is promoting. In essence it shows he is valued and appreciated. Also if another club come calling for our back room "superstar"  it will cost them heavily. No loss of dignity to me, what's the problem?

Even without arguing with what you are saying, I still think - why the press circus?

All of the above could be achieved in a private business-like manner. I just find the whole thing a bit tasteless and naff. Imagine if Florest signed their Chairman for 5 years and made a big song and dance in the press. We'd be crying with laughter.

Why does he need a vote of confidence? He's Chairman, CEO, Major Shareholder and sits on the Board Of Directors. If he's not already "bought in"  then a 5 year contract still seems weird

He's clearly a popular figure at the club. Fans like good news, and this is good news, no?

As for press-circus, a bit of an exaggeration methinks. An interview with RamsPlayer and a piece on the website is all the club have done. The Beeb would have been invited to the fans forum along withe DET. Nothing out the ordinary?

MM and SR have an excellent working relationship. He wants to continue that for the long-term. Which is Mel's vision - the medium to long-term. Which makes a refreshing change given the recent managerial merry-go-round.

44 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Sorry - I think this is little bit of a naïve post.

Board of Directors - Yes he does - but that is currently only Sam and Mel. (Source - I can run credit checks on companies and I did yesterday - if I follow DCFC from their official company name, I can see all other directors resigned on the 2nd September this year) but at the top in the UK is Geldaw and they are still owned by North America Sports Entertainment - but as they were an International Company I couldn't look at them)

Sam Rush is not a Chairman as you stated - that is Mel Morris. Sam is the CEO.

Large Shareholder - No - If Sam owns the club 100% then Sam would have had his shares bought out. Sam previously had a 5% ownership through share holdings.

5-Year deal - I think that's brilliant and shows long term. If its a 5-year contract - (i.e Like a players contract) then it won't be easy for him to leave. There may be a release clause in there of some type but it won't be on the cheap. If he was just on a standard contract (PAYE) then he could have left with a notice period like most people have in their contracts. So what this contract does is tie him into DCFC even more so.

I personally don't remember him ever saying it was a 3-year contract in the first place - happy to be wrong on that.

What do you mean we are better than this - out of everything that's come out of the club in the recent months - this is the BEST bit of news. We've tied our CEO into our club, our business. He cannot get poached by a big club. How can we be better than this - this is as best as it can be.

I'm just confused with your comments.

Archived