Sam Rush signs new 5 year contract

maydrakin

What happens if you collide Jake Buxton into Sam Rush at relativistic speeds? Could that create the god particle the LHC has been looking for?

No need.

Jake Buxton is the Kwisatz Haderach. The CERN will find out when we draw some swiss outfit in the 2017 Europa cup and their detectors lose their ****.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No wonder that Sam Rush was grinning like a Cheshire Cat, then a  bit, yesterday. I think that he is key to our progress and to keeping everything stable. There is probably a clause in his contract saying that compensation must be paid, if he is to sign for someone else. This will have cost Mel a fair few quid but Sam is worth it. We are developing into one of the best run, most stable clubs in England. Mel has always gone on about unity and pulling in the same direction. I cannot see the day when Derby County sign a prima donna type of player who is churtling in the newspaoers. i just cannot see it happening while Mel is in charge for the next 25 years plus..Has Mel got a businessman type son or daughter, as a matter of interest? Theses are great days to be  a Derby county fan.

Interesting to hear that Rush believes his hardest decision was parting company with Clough and not McClaren

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p036fqty

Yeah I understand that. Clough had done a great job stopping the rot and saving the club before he was sacked. The way that decision split the forum just shows how tough a decision it must have been. It's also interesting to hear him say at the time he probably didn't fully understand just how tough Clough had it. Maybe Clough deserved a chance without the restraints?

McClaren on the other hand, was given everything he needed and completely buggered it up. Easy decision.

McClaren on the other hand, was given everything he needed and completely buggered it up. Easy decision.

I also think McClaren was in danger of making Sam and the board look like mugs with the circus around Newcastle. If it had dragged on much longer, the public perception may well have been that McClaren was the one dictating how things were going to play out, which I don't think the board liked the idea of. By simply firing him, they reasserted control over the situation (and the club) in the strongest possible way.

The other interesting bit is he is signed to a contract length, rather than having a contract of employment.

This would suggest to me that there isn't a notice period within the contract, and it would require an agreed sum of money to pull him away rather than simply handing in a notice. (a la Tom Glick style)

I dare say we could put derbys resurgence over the past three years pretty much down to Rush. Not a slight on Mel Morris at all, but it seems rush laid all the foundations of the modern derby. Mel Morris has simply put the funds and support in to turn these foundations into a brilliantly run club 

Sam Rush stated that derby was a well run club ,when he took the job,and while he has been instrumental in changes

at the club,The massive leap to big spenders is down to Mel buying out the americans and his massive investment in the

club,,Mel Morris is impressed with Sam Rush ,hence the 5 year contract.

But it is the investment that is the key

It's a tragic sign of how ***** football has become when a member of the office staff "signs a 5 year deal"..!

it used to be that no one knew even the chairman of any club and now we see all if the staff in the news all the time.  

Being only 24 I can't ratify this, but my missus' dad often harks on about the olden days and how the boardroom was in the news daily, about fallouts, scandals and goings on. He was only just remarking about how you don't hear much anymore.

Being only 24 I can't ratify this, but my missus' dad often harks on about the olden days and how the boardroom was in the news daily, about fallouts, scandals and goings on. He was only just remarking about how you don't hear much anymore.

I grew up in the 70/80 when Liverpool were the biggest and most successful team in the world...I had no idea at all who their chairman was, I could now name you Aston Villas owner...!!

i am pleased that Sam Rush is continuing at Derby but to say he has "signed a new 5 year deal" just sounds so pathetic, so tin pot and so "sky sports" it makes me sick. 

I grew up in the 70/80 when Liverpool were the biggest and most successful team in the world...I had no idea at all who their chairman was, I could now name you Aston Villas owner...!!

i am pleased that Sam Rush is continuing at Derby but to say he has "signed a new 5 year deal" just sounds so pathetic, so tin pot and so "sky sports" it makes me sick. 

Meh, stop your moaning! Sam's done well, he's been a positive influence and he's staying a bit longer. Great! Now let's forget it and move on to Rovrum at home.

I grew up in the 70/80 when Liverpool were the biggest and most successful team in the world...I had no idea at all who their chairman was,

He wasn't in the news any less than most, he was in the papers very often. Your memory might be hazy on it due to his name though, John Smith.

Archived