January Transfer Suggestion Thread

needles

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we go up, there won't be many of their players who wouldn't want to join if Villa go down. Question is how many would we want? They're piss poor. It's like the QPR team from a couple seasons ago. A few talented individuals but when you look at how they performed in the relegation side, it's not a surprise no ****** wanted them.

We keep getting linked to wingers / wide forwards which I think is a bit odd since we have arguably already got the best in the league.

That said i think Mccormack in particular would offer something new and I'd agree he'd be a great signing 

I still think Benik Afobe would be an ideal purchase - and as much as i like bent he could be a make weight in a deal

If we needed a creative type in midfield zack clough would be a great addition but i can't see this happening as we already have a wealth of midfield players - again though he would be a good signing - ive also previously suggested that antenucci (out of contact in the summer) could offer an option for the 'hole' / supporting striker position

I suppose that other than the obvious left back cover the squad seems pretty deep and it'd have to be a good player to get in ahead of any of the current regulars  - what about wisdom back - i know we have baird as cover but surely there is no future in him ?

1 hour ago, thekingofbuxton said:

We keep getting linked to wingers / wide forwards which I think is a bit odd since we have arguably already got the best in the league.

That said i think Mccormack in particular would offer something new and I'd agree he'd be a great signing 

I still think Benik Afobe would be an ideal purchase - and as much as i like bent he could be a make weight in a deal

If we needed a creative type in midfield zack clough would be a great addition but i can't see this happening as we already have a wealth of midfield players - again though he would be a good signing - ive also previously suggested that antenucci (out of contact in the summer) could offer an option for the 'hole' / supporting striker position

I suppose that other than the obvious left back cover the squad seems pretty deep and it'd have to be a good player to get in ahead of any of the current regulars  - what about wisdom back - i know we have baird as cover but surely there is no future in him ?

Been playing regularly for Norwich, so why would he come here? (he's injured at the moment too)

And the reason we keep getting linked with wide players is because we have carried 4 in the past several seasons, and we currently only have 3 - with Weimann and Russell also being ridiculously similar in style. So, it's only logical we need another option.

1 hour ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Sam Byram would be a welcome addition

He's a great player, but has got bigger fish to fry than Derby.

leeds are desperate to hang on to him, he has already turned down new contracts and has been linked with Spurs, Everton, Newcastle, Southampton and Stoke. Think a prem move will be his next development.

reckon uncle mel would give us some funds and hijack watford and bournemouth for Iturbe??

REally solid all round winger, can even play ST if all else fails...

i reckon mel would help us out, might be on the bit of a pricey side, but is an investment for the BPL next year and for the future few years

28 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

reckon uncle mel would give us some funds and hijack watford and bournemouth for Iturbe??

REally solid all round winger, can even play ST if all else fails...

i reckon mel would help us out, might be on the bit of a pricey side, but is an investment for the BPL next year and for the future few years

No chance in hell. Roma want at least 16 million for him and he really isn't that good. All hype. Everyone talked about iturbe when he was younger but the real star was Dybala.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

No chance in hell. Roma want at least 16 million for him and he really isn't that good. All hype. Everyone talked about iturbe when he was younger but the real star was Dybala.

True, but both watford and bournemouth are interested in a loan move, maybe we could offer something more that they couldnt??

Or just maybe more money? or a like for like player

1 minute ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Now could be the best time to make an offer for Mccormack as fulham have been put into a transfer embargo 

If I was in their shoes no way would I let him go. If they don't hang on to their best players and are unable to bring in replacements then they'll sink like a stone and end up in Div 1 next season. He might be available at the end of the season once they know their fate

Archived