Mohammad Adil ?

WystonRam

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From DET:

PAKISTAN international winger Mohammad Adil says he hopes to land a move to Derby County when the transfer window re-opens in January.

The 23-year-old, who currently plays for Kyrgyzstan champions Dordoi Bishkek, claims the Rams were keen to sign him during the summer.

"In June, I'd already signed a contract extension with Dordoi for another six months and the offer from Derby came in the first week of July," Adil told Pakistan English-language newspaper Dawn.

"I didn't want to leave Dordoi like that because the club has helped me grow tremendously and I wanted to leave it on good terms.

"They really needed a winger in the summer which is why they were keen on signing me. I've been in touch with the club though and I hope that we can reach an agreement in January."

Adil previously played for Khan Research Laboratories (KRL) in his homeland, where he won three successive Pakistan Premier Football League (PPFL) titles.

He was snapped up by Dordoi in January 2014 and helped them to the Kyrgyz Shoro Top League title in his first season.

He made his senior international debut in 2011 and has gone on to earn 22 caps for his country.

I guess this guy's agent just happened to pull our name out of a hat when deciding which English club he wanted to link his player with in order to raise his profile. A player from the Kyrgyz league would struggle to make it in the conference, never mind the championship.

Look have any of you seen him no sp you dont know how good he is.

No, but then we haven't seen players from the Isthmian League either, yet we can assume they're nowhere near good enough for Derby because of the poor quality of the competition.

Just to give you an idea of the quality in the Kyrgyz league, the top scorer from last season secured a dream transfer in the summer to play 3rd tier (semi professional) football in the USA.

Not a player who's ever shown up on my radar. From what I can gather, he's playing out of the Kyrgyz League, which is honestly one I have very little idea of. What I do know is that they don't get the international exposure of the Uzbek League or the major West Asian leagues, and Pakistan are one of bottom sides in Asia and are already out of the World Cup qualifying campaign having been beaten by Yemen. They are a side that I can honestly see doing well in the coming decades, but at this point they are well and truly off the international radar for whatever reason. 

Who knows, good players have come from stranger places, but I don't see anything in this. It may be true that we were looking into him at one point, who knows. 

Archived