Milton Keynes Dons v Derby County

Chris Mills

its the moaners that can't say anything good? Yes we were poor first half isn't it good Clement realised that? Changed it a little we score 3 second half? Instead off 100% negativity which I'm not saying is you at all but we just need positivity! 

When you take nearly four thousand fans to an away game I don't personally think it's the fans being negative and if they are perhaps they have a right to express their concerns and thoughts about what they see,other wise what is the point of this forum.Yes we are Derby through and through that's why we care so much.No one in their right mind can be delighted with the performance by the lads for much of the game ,defence excluded,and yes I was delighted to see clement realise that changes were needed ,pity it took him seventy minutes though doesn't take a genius to work that one out ,think he used a get out of jail card today against one of the weaker teams in this division and believe we should have had an opportunity to dictate the game play attractive possession football and win comfortably .

Yes a good result ,but I wonder what the thoughts and opinions of most would have been but for two late goals .PC deserves his chance and no one ,certainly myself knows exactly what is happening behind the scenes but we have the squad and defensive capabilities with Carson ,Shacks Baird ,Keogh to play more confident offensive football putting teams on the other foot ,

If you consider this negative or myself as a boo boy ,well so be it ,but I just want to see us play to our strengths and capabilities which is attractive constructive ,positive football  for more than 20 mins in a game ,results went well for us today but on our performance today other teams would have taken some thing out of the game ,

Carson ,Keogh immense ,great to see Bent on the pitch and scoring ,Ince showed what he can do so COYR

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all know that where we are in the table is infinitely more important than displays, so 14 points out of 9 games is okay. Four straight wins now and we will have two points per game and it is an excellent start. Frighteningly bad at times today but we have some quality players who can win matches. Not enough men forward most of the time for me. If we had gone a goal down I think that we would have lost it. Very good performance from MK Dons. Did you see the Mk Dons manager and Owner shake hands and pat Tom Ince on the back for his MOM performance? For that alone, I would love them to stay up and do well.A very great pity that we did not beat Burnley last time out. Neither Boro nor Brighton are a flash in the pan so we must keep in touch..

Weimanns' cameo appearance was the best he's been for us so far , Hendrick did more in his 20 odd mins than 

any of the rest over 90 ..

Great result , tho ,

onwards and upwards ..

I Think Hendrick should really be in the team, he adds something going forwards that the others don't have despite his defensive frailties.

I was reasonably impressed that their fans sung quite a bit. Thought they were gonna be silent.

Those seats were comfy, we should have all sat down for the last 10 mins or so of 1st half.

Warnock is a funny player. Had a nightmare couple of mins in the first half in front of our fans and took a lot of stick. I think it was his poor backpass attempt in 2nd  that led to their 3 vs Carson attack which they somehow screwed up. Then he did brilliantly for first goal, picked out Johnson with such a composed cross and also repeated it soon after. Why does he keep trying to use a cricket 'long barrier' when trying to tackle though?

And for all the fans who think Baird is the devil incarnate, I'd imagine he'd say he is primarily a right back.

4-4-2 looked good again though in terms of attacking. Likewise vs Brum. Maybe we should try it at home when teams will sit deep.

Have to agree, really nice that Keogh is getting some love. He's 100% a Ram and always plays with that passion and determination.

also good to see Warnick getting some good comments on here. Doesn't deserve the immediate pessimism he gets before kicking a ball. Actually thought he was better than Christie today. 

I honestly thought if Keogh went in the summer it wouldn't be a big deal, I really rated Shackell and thought Pearce wouldn't have come unless he was going to get game time. So, hands-up, I was totally wrong. Keogh looks more composed than Shackell, he is putting himself about more, he looks much better bringing the  ball out of defence, and is more dangerous at set pieces. Even with the natty headgear I think Shackell is still just ahead in the looks department though...otherwise, Keogh is the better player presently. Massive respect to him for putting the disappointment of losing the captaincy and just cracking on with it.

I honestly thought if Keogh went in the summer it wouldn't be a big deal, I really rated Shackell and thought Pearce wouldn't have come unless he was going to get game time. So, hands-up, I was totally wrong. Keogh looks more composed than Shackell, he is putting himself about more, he looks much better bringing the  ball out of defence, and is more dangerous at set pieces. Even with the natty headgear I think Shackell is still just ahead in the looks department though...otherwise, Keogh is the better player presently. Massive respect to him for putting the disappointment of losing the captaincy and just cracking on with it.

Keogh has always done those things you have just said. And has always been our best CB and still is. I am happy that people see that. Plus full props on coming out and saying that. Much respect. 

Stats here from WhoScored are interesting. 

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958896/LiveStatistics/England-Championship-2015-2016-Milton-Keynes-Dons-Derby

Pass accuracy percentage from Butterfield is again unreal. Compared to Hendrick, even more so. Yet both laid great passes through that led to a goal. But check out the defensive stats for both. 

Is this why JB is favoured by Clement? He has more to his game than Jeff? I think they've similarities in style, in the final third, but Jeff's useless behind halfway. The stats even back that up. 

Johnson meanwhile has stats to die for today. All round, dare I say it, complete midfield performance. However, he looked just as bad as the next man for large parts, in my opinion. 

The more I think of it, the more convinced I am that when they all click, get settled etc.... wow. 

Said it earlier, but I'd like to see Jeff, JB and BJ (ooo err) together next weekend. 

Keogh has certainly improved this season. Clement has clearly stopped him stupidly going to ground so easily. He still brings the ball out with little idea of what his out ball is going to be, and even today got on the wrong side of his man at least a couple of times. He is better than he was and OK, but nothing more.

Keogh has certainly improved this season. Clement has clearly stopped him stupidly going to ground so easily. He still brings the ball out with little idea of what his out ball is going to be, and even today got on the wrong side of his man at least a couple of times. He is better than he was and OK, but nothing more.

Well he has certainly been better than Shackell so far this season !!

That was a difficult game to endure and a bit of a roller coaster ride of emotions. Great journey and good to see all those fans on the road, great stadium and a good atmosphere created by our fans. I think today was the most flags I have seen at an away game.

The football was strange from the kick off. Had we swapped kits? MK Dons playing the Derby Way, while we were static and distinctly second-best. 

Despite this we continued to get behind the team . I was disappointed with the few half-time boos but could understand them. Mostly though, we were behind the team throughout, even whilst thinking 'this is awful'!

What the second half taught me was never to give up on the team , as the substitutions gave us the mobility we were crying out for. Good substitutions from Clement, tired legs from the MK Dons players and some deft passes from Warnock and Ince changed the game and the victory tasted all the sweeter for the struggle we had to get there. 

Being a sucker for punishment I've watched it through again since we got home and it didn't look as bad when I knew the result! 

Archived