Stupid stuff I've heard at the match today: Burnley

drgoodspeak

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's paid to be part of a team - really?

Sorry @daveo, but I can't fault anyone tonight for not working hard and doing their bit for the team. Workmanlike performance by all concerned I would say. We perhaps deserved a win, but I don't agree with your initial opinion that JR showed once again why he is a fan's favourite. Other than one decent corner what did he do of note in a full 90 minutes in the final third of the pitch?

He had 2 corners for Keogh, the headed over and the 1 off the line. The pull back for Martin that was  blocked, linked well with Butterfield for his long range efforts, linked well with Christie for him to put balls in, won a header against Mee who is probably a foot taller and put it in the danger area that their keeper clawed out, had a couple of long range efforts that weren't very good but were difficult strikes. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

He had 2 corners for Keogh, the headed over and the 1 off the line. The pull back for Martin that was  blocked, linked well with Butterfield for his long range efforts, linked well with Christie for him to put balls in, won a header against Mee who is probably a foot taller and put it in the danger area that their keeper clawed out, had a couple of long range efforts that weren't very good but were difficult strikes. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Thank you Rynny. I accept your analysis, although never too sure whether you are being serious or not. I think I will bow out now as I have to get some sleep as I have early morning work, but my final thought is that JR, like many tonight, was just ok. Nothing more, nothing less (worked hard though, gave 140%, perhaps more). Pleased for Christie that he had a very solid game, and other than one ball watching lapse Keogh had a better than ok game too.

Got some dude behind me in the East stand belly aching about Butterfield "all he does is pass it sideways, if he is gonna carry on with that he might as well sod off back to Huddersfield". 

Who does he want him to pass it too the invisible man at the front post. 

Forgot how 4 cking ridiculous our supporters can be. 

Wish this thread hadn't turned into a repetitive rant about Johnny Russell. Was looking forward to some gems from the crowd. I missed this game live but every game I go to there's some nuggets of wisdom and some absolutely shocking remarks that make me gasp in amazement. 

One game last season an older gentleman said 'oh my god here we go again'. We had literally just kicked off and the ball fell to the opposition. It was the very first kick of the game. 

Could someone explain to me why people are criticising Russell so much?

In a team which has been bang average for the majority of games this season (20 min patches here and there have been good) he's been one of the best performers...

So if Russell isn't good enough I DESPAIR for the rest of our (attacking) players... May as well give up now and apply for a place in League 1 next season... Maybe we could just do a straight swap deal with Burton?

Archived