Stupid stuff I've heard at the match today: Burnley

drgoodspeak

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give me one more other than "he works hard".

A fan favourite doesn't have to be the most technical player on the pitch, he doesn't need to be the player with the best passing accuracy, shots on target or fancy back heels. 

Fans love a player that works hard, puts himself about, Jake Buxton is another fan favourite. Now if you didn't see JR's tracking back and covering Christie tonight you will not appreciate where I am coming from. He was up and down the pitch all night, maybe one of the HITC guys can pick up some Opta stats.

Darren Bent, probably the best finisher we have at the club, a real fox in the box but will stand around for large parts of the game which is why he would never become a fan favourite.

I saw all his hard work Daveo, and I admire and appreciate his effort. But JR is paid to create and score and make things happen, and other than one good corner I still cannot recall one other decent thing he did in the final third tonight. Can you?

I saw all his hard work Daveo, and I admire and appreciate his effort. But JR is paid to create and score and make things happen, and other than one good corner I still cannot recall one other decent thing he did in the final third tonight.

Then you should know why he's seen as a fan favourite. He's paid to be part of a team and he showed tonight his team work which cannot be faulted tonight. First half when he won the ball back near the corner flag, hear the crowd respond, they (we) appreciate his hard work. 

I liked the fact someone pointed out that Johnny played for his new contract and now "can happily return to what he does best - nothing"

Also some guy a few rows back from me screaming because we play it out wide then applauding and saying that's more like it when we lash over from 25 yards.

He's paid to be part of a team - really?

Sorry @daveo, but I can't fault anyone tonight for not working hard and doing their bit for the team. Workmanlike performance by all concerned I would say. We perhaps deserved a win, but I don't agree with your initial opinion that JR showed once again why he is a fan's favourite. Other than one decent corner what did he do of note in a full 90 minutes in the final third of the pitch?

He's paid to be part of a team - really?

Sorry Daveo, but I can't fault anyone tonight for not working hard and doing their bit for the team. Workmanlike performance by all concerned I would say. We perhaps deserved a win, but I don't agree with your initial opinion that JR showed once again why he is a fan's favourite. Other than one decent corner what did he do of note in a full 90 minutes in the final third of the pitch?

I've already answered your question, I refuse to go round in circles with you ;) 

He continually found space where there was none, he held the ball up, he played in a great partnership with Christie, he got to the line when he could, he tracked back and tackled aggressively, he didn't give the ball away, he made space to shoot although blocked a couple of times, he gave us attacking momentum. He's smart, quick, aggressive and determined.

I'm not sure why you would be so critical of him. Appreciate he's been quiet at times in the past but right now he just needs a bit of luck and a bit more support from teammates and fans who would rather pick bones out of him that cheer him on.

Johnny russell has got a funny face, nice tattoos, great batner and runs around a bit. He's the ultimate #lad. Thats why he's a fan favourite.

in terms of his footballing ability, meh. 

Funny face? he's got a sexy face and that beard is gorgeous so less of the meh

Archived