Newcastle United 2015-16 season

i-Ram

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

What I'd be interested to know is, as Steve is on the board of directors at Newcastle, would he be invited to the meeting in which they discuss sacking him? 

Now that is an interesting point. Not sure how they thought that would end well. 

Does the same over reaction apply to our current owner then G STAR, if McClaren was this great guy you think who deserves all our eternal gratitude, he'd still be here. 

Our owner didn't amass his success by making poor decisions, he is obviously privy to information we are not and McClaren was dismissed rather quickly don't you think ? There will be a reason for that but one that is not for common consumption.

I do wonder, after a season and a half, if he was still living up in the north east, and hadn't thought about putting some permanent roots closer to Derby, is that an indication that he always really saw Derby as the stepping stone to his dream job. 

For what he did for us as a coach  and a manager, I'll always be grateful and I would have been begrudgingly pleased for him if his dream gig had gone well. 

But, nah, this is too much fun. There's no smoke without fire, he's done something a bit shitty to us, and if karma wants to kick him in the arse for it, and if karma happens to take Newcastle down along with it, then I'm not going to cry myself to sleep over it. 

He came to us and got off too a good start , and I think from there the momentum took him ( at least to the play off final ) and then when things started to get difficult he didn't really have a plan b ! I am grateful in a way I think he gave us a " bit of a leg up " to the level were at now so he deserves some credit ! 

1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

Does the same over reaction apply to our current owner then G STAR, if McClaren was this great guy you think who deserves all our eternal gratitude, he'd still be here. 

Our owner didn't amass his success by making poor decisions, he is obviously privy to information we are not and McClaren was dismissed rather quickly don't you think ? There will be a reason for that but one that is not for common consumption.

Not saying he is a great guy, just a shame his achievements as a player and number 2 to Jim Smith seem to have been forgotten.

Add to that 18 months of entertaining football and it makes some people's reaction seen even more bizarre.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not saying he is a great guy, just a shame his achievements as a player and number 2 to Jim Smith seem to have been forgotten.

Add to that 18 months of entertaining football and it makes some people's reaction seen even more bizarre.

If playing contributions had anything to do with it, we'd remember John Gregory's managerial stint fondly.

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

If playing contributions had anything to do with it, we'd remember John Gregory's managerial stint fondly.

Take it we should all hate Roy McFarland too then.

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

No. Roy Mac didn't behave like a total arse

I have no idea what happened between Mac and the club so can't really comment. 

I can't imagine MM interviewing Clement while Mac was still in charge did much for relations...

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not sure his contribution has been forgotten but his opening speech at Newcastle ( for me ) confirmed his desire to join them in the first instance despite what he said during Newcastle's initial interest. And that's fine, we'd all go for a pay rise if the opportunity arose but I read and indeed bookmarked what he said on joining us and it is quite clear to me the man is full of ****.

That written, I respect your view, I just don't think the man is worthy of your loyalty. 

Just now, EastHertsRam said:

I'm not sure his contribution has been forgotten but his opening speech at Newcastle ( for me ) confirmed his desire to join them in the first instance despite what he said during Newcastle's initial interest. And that's fine, we'd all go for a pay rise if the opportunity arose but I read and indeed bookmarked what he said on joining us and it is quite clear to me the man is full of ****.

That written, I respect your view, I just don't think the man is worthy of your loyalty. 

I don't have any loyalty to him, just don't see the need to slag off someone who contributed to three great stints for my team.

Archived