Newcastle United 2015-16 season

i-Ram

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats for McClaren, the key is to keep going from here. There's a lot of work to make up for the season up to now, but that's a great result, and magnificent performance from Wijnaldum. 

just seen goals and listened to managers on sky sports news. 

2 things grated with mac and I wasn't one of those wishing him ill  (at least so I thought )

1) he has reinvented his practice of giving players ludicrous pally sounding names eg wijnaldum is now "gini".

2) he has a really unfortunate facial expression that is permanently just a minor muscle twitch away from a kind of smug smirk. The kind that makes you want to do a tom and jerry style smack in the face with a frying pan. 

And because it's sky and they're all t***ing themselves off over Newcastle scoring 6 I'm still waiting for our highlights. 

Grrr......

2 things grated with mac and I wasn't one of those wishing him ill  (at least so I thought )

1) he has reinvented his practice of giving players ludicrous pally sounding names eg wijnaldum is now "gini".

2) he has a really unfortunate facial expression that is permanently just a minor muscle twitch away from a kind of smug smirk. The kind that makes you want to do a tom and jerry style smack in the face with a frying pan. 

And because it's sky and they're all t***ing themselves off over Newcastle scoring 6 I'm still waiting for our highlights. 

Grrr......

Point 2 also applies to Eddie Howe

Grrr......

That is probably down to him not wanting to sound stupid when can't pronounce his name. I think I would do the same. :lol:

Losing to Sunderland would do more damage at this point than all of the losses so far. Sunderland are a miserable side. They have been stinking the Premier League out for years now, a joyless pit of football. They do nothing for the first 6 months of the season before realising they are all up the proverbial creek unless they start putting some effort in around January time.

Surprised Allardyce took them on, sounds like the culture at the club is all wrong. Fair play to him if he manages to turn them around.

Losing to Sunderland would do more damage at this point than all of the losses so far. Sunderland are a miserable side. They have been stinking the Premier League out for years now, a joyless pit of football. They do nothing for the first 6 months of the season before realising they are all up the proverbial creek unless they start putting some effort in around January time.

Surprised Allardyce took them on, sounds like the culture at the club is all wrong. Fair play to him if he manages to turn them around.

JFNTCN, you're usually so diplomatic! This almost knocked me off my swivel chair. Bravo sir. Great comment. Wigan used to 'stink' up the Premier League, now it's Slumberland!

That's very strong.

And 100% right.

(although I do think Sunderland and Allardyce deserve each other)

Quote of the month mate. Have a "like" for that!

Newcastle team is far superior in talent and style of play to Sunderland but I'll give major major props to mcclaren - because no one can find ways to bottle and lose games like him. It's a rare and remarkable talent. 

Even his biggest haters will find it difficult to pin the blame on him today!

Archived