Reading v Derby County

Chris Mills

Carson

Shotton, Keogh, Shackell, Forsyth

Hanson, Butterfield, Johnson

Ince, Martin, Russell. 

But it won't be. Because he's a little tinker.

Don't like seeing Christie in the team really anymore. Been ages since he had a good game. At best he's just been alright. 

Don't get what Warnock can do that Forsyth can't. Forsyth is bigger and stronger and faster. Don't mind Warnock but Forsyth is better

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson

Shotton, Keogh, Shackell, Forsyth

Hanson, Butterfield, Johnson

Ince, Martin, Russell. 

But it won't be. Because he's a little tinker.

Don't like seeing Christie in the team really anymore. Been ages since he had a good game. At best he's just been alright. 

Don't get what Warnock can do that Forsyth can't. Forsyth is bigger and stronger and faster. Don't mind Warnock but Forsyth is better

You've made 4 changes and HE'S the one tinkering?

I think Christie deserved a fair crack. Plus Ince needs a man up there supporting him, unfortunately Christie was so poor in arguably his best phase of play so ince got no support.

. Not defending Ince btw. If he's so proud of his transfer fee he needs to start justifying it.

If shotton is playing then it's probably a waste of time playing Ince. Having said that I know nothing about Reading, certainly nothing about their left hand side.

Fozzy has to play whilst Russell is in form, give him a bit more freedom and let the man tear it up.

also, just because I think youth deserves a fair crack, start Hanson and not Hendrick. Hendrick hasn't looked with it thus far, bench him and hopefully he comes back fighting like he normally does.

I think Christie deserved a fair crack. Plus Ince needs a man up there supporting him, unfortunately Christie was so poor in arguably his best phase of play so ince got no support.

. Not defending Ince btw. If he's so proud of his transfer fee he needs to start justifying it.

If shotton is playing then it's probably a waste of time playing Ince. Having said that I know nothing about Reading, certainly nothing about their left hand side.

Fozzy has to play whilst Russell is in form, give him a bit more freedom and let the man tear it up.

also, just because I think youth deserves a fair crack, start Hanson and not Hendrick. Hendrick hasn't looked with it thus far, bench him and hopefully he comes back fighting like he normally does.

Hmmm. You'd play Christie to support Ince, but like you said both have been poor. Then you'd replace Warnock with Forsyth eventhou they have been either good or excellent? Not the logic I'd use, no need to fix something which is clearly working.

Hmmm. You'd play Christie to support Ince, but like you said both have been poor. Then you'd replace Warnock with Forsyth eventhou they have been either good or excellent? Not the logic I'd use, no need to fix something which is clearly working.

I'd play Christie to support Ince, but Christie looks so nervous for whatever reason at the moment. Looks like he's under a lot of pressure.

Ince has put pressure on himself which is okay, but he's not really playing to his own expectations. He's struggling without support from the RB though. Whilst he's out of form, if it's Baird or Shotton supporting him at RB, he'll get no joy so I'd play someone else in his position or send him out with clear instructions to stop being so selfish and play the team game until his form is back. When he's in form, he can justify his little runs but at the moment he can't.

I like the whole one 'wing back all out attack' strategy since the days Wisdom was here. Fozzy running up the wing and putting in some frightening balls. Warnock is more of a tank, the size of his legs shows he's a bruiser rather than a runner. Forsyth is an athlete, and his left peg isn't all that bad.

With Shotton, we need Forsyth. With Baird, we need Forsyth. With Christie, we need Warnock.

However, in my mind at least, a defence with Christie and Warnock is weaker than either Baird or Shotton with Forsyth, as well as the attacking part of our system suffering as a consequence. 

Warnock has been good, but he hasn't been excellent. Shame he isn't a RB though!

In my mind it isn't working either.

So based on radio derby interview PC will stick with the 4-3-3 and will go with either Johnson in the holding role with butts and Jeff in front OR Hanson holding with butts and Johnson in front. I'd prefer option 2 but Johnson certainly is a stalwart regardless. 

I think PC might ring another change or two tonight. Really wouldn't be surprised to see Shotton at RB and as a consequence Fozzy return (albeit I think I have a preference for Warnock). I wonder too whether he might give Pearce an outing - personally I wouldn't but he made the point on the weekend about Carson/Grant being "equal" and perhaps he might want to give Pearce a go against his old club. I think he will play Johnson as the holding Midfielder, and that gives Hendrick a chance (I think his last chance for a while if he doesn't grasp it) to start alongside Butterfield.  I also have a feeling that Weimann might be preferred to Ince tonight. 

I seriously doubt anyone on here will call the team that starts, but it would be great to get a win tonight. 

Tickets are definitely available on the gate, and you can today ring Reading 0118 968 1313 to  pre-order and simply collect at the south stand ticket booth (between gates 9 and 10).

COYR!!!

I love how Clement gets criticised for changing the team too much, and yet almost everyone suggests a different team to the one we played before in every single match thread we've had this season.

Would that be because we didn't agree with the one he chose in the previous match? I'd guess people put pretty much the same team they suggested the week before.

If anyone is travelling down via train this evening and you like your beers and ales, check out The Greyfriar pub, 1 minute walk from the station (right hand side at bottom of the hill as you come out main entrance) and right outside the queues for the shuttle buses to the ground. CAMRA Good Beer Guide accredited & Away fan friendly (so long as you don't act the fool!) 

https://www.facebook.com/greyfriarrdg

I love how Clement gets criticised for changing the team too much, and yet almost everyone suggests a different team to the one we played before in every single match thread we've had this season.

My view on changes is purely influenced by how I am now beginning to think PC works. I think unlike Mac he doesn't have favourites, and will rest and rotate quite often, although hopefully soon he will know who his A team is when Baird, Bryson and Thorne are fit.  I personally would only make a couple of changes tonight, but whatever he does you will not hear me criticise him - not yet anyway.  Come November it might be different, but for now I am happy he tinkers and fine tunes.

Very difficult game for Derby tonight. Really impressed by Reading's attacking threat v Ipswich last Friday, but not so much defensive wise. Think this one could easily end up 4 - 0 Reading or 4-4.

CDM once again a problem area for us. I think PC will go with Johnson and bring in Hendrick.

Archived