Reading v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hold up, why is everyone dropping Grant?

Grant

Christie Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Ince Hanson Butterfield Johnson

Russell Martin

Or if you fancy 4-3-3

Grant

Christie Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Hanson

Butterfield Johnson

Ince-----------------Martin-------------Russell

Because Carson is better. In my opinion, of course. 
Had a good game today yes, but Carson shouldn't have been dropped in the first place. Been very impressed with him so far.

I would expect Grant in net though, unless Clement is going to change again.

I think Grant is better, but even aside from that the momentum is with Grant at the moment, Carson has been okay, he's done his job more or less, but Grant kept us in the game today. If he can't get into the team after today, then when can he? What's he still here for if he's not going to get another chance after a good game?

I think Grant is better, but even aside from that the momentum is with Grant at the moment, Carson has been okay, he's done his job more or less, but Grant kept us in the game today. If he can't get into the team after today, then when can he? What's he still here for if he's not going to get another chance after a good game?

well Christie wasn't even in the squad after a good game at Birmingham... So... Line up bingo time. 

well Christie wasn't even in the squad after a good game at Birmingham... So... Line up bingo time. 

But he didn't have that good a game against Birmingham. That evolved from "wow, Christie isn't shocking" into "Christie is doing okay" to "Christie tore it up today".

People only said he had a good game because they were shocked he wasn't as **** as they made him out to be. Grant made several important saves today. That's different.

Why do you keep saying lineup bingo as if there's no justification to what he does? Grant started today because he's deserved a chance, and impressed. Christie started today because Baird had to go to the middle with Thorne's injury. Warnock started today because Fozzy has been away with Scotland and hasn't done the preparation needed specifically for the Preston game. He's not done much work with any of what Clement has asked of the team today. And we needed Warnock if we were going to play Christie to give Christie peace of mind to go forward, and Warnock hasn't done too badly when he's played.

Why don't you just think about it for a second before you start shouting "LINE UP BINGO LINE UP BINGO" like a broken record?

But he didn't have that good a game against Birmingham. That evolved from "wow, Christie isn't shocking" into "Christie is doing okay" to "Christie tore it up today".

People only said he had a good game because they were shocked he wasn't as **** as they made him out to be. Grant made several important saves today. That's different.

Why do you keep saying lineup bingo as if there's no justification to what he does? Grant started today because he's deserved a chance, and impressed. Christie started today because Baird had to go to the middle with Thorne's injury. Warnock started today because Fozzy has been away with Scotland and hasn't done the preparation needed specifically for the Preston game. He's not done much work with any of what Clement has asked of the team today. And we needed Warnock if we were going to play Christie to give Christie peace of mind to go forward, and Warnock hasn't done too badly when he's played.

Why don't you just think about it for a second before you start shouting "LINE UP BINGO LINE UP BINGO" like a broken record?

i liked this post

Thorne wrote on Twitter that he will be fine for Burnley. 

Not a given he will be though. When he came back for about 4 games then had that injury, he tweeted saying that his knee was fine and he missed the rest of the season.

You can tell he's eager to play every game after so many injury disappointments so I don't blame him for saying he's ready when medical staff may think otherwise.

these constant line up changes are interesting to say the least- as i said in previous posts i prefer lee grant to carson, i think he can pull off sublime saves that carson can't. Don't get me wrong Grant in the last year has had some dodgey moments and i usually prefer a consistent keeper but i have faith we can see the Grant that was in goal in the play off season again. 

In other words i have belief Grant can become consistent again but i don't think Carson can all of a sudden make game winning saves. Either way i'm happy with both keepers at this level.

People are questioning Christie at RB but i hugely prefer him to shotton and with baird injured i would keep him there. I would be questioning why warnock is getting the nod over forsyth that's one i really do not understand.

Archived