Chris Mills

4-3-2-1

Carson

Baird, Keogh, Shackell, Forsyth

Ince   Butterfield   Johnson

Russell       Bryson
                 Martin

Grant, Pearce. Christie, Thorne, Hendrick, Weimann, Bent

Hopefully George is sub so he gets the time needed to get himself fully fit and there's an embarrassment of riches on the bench.

6-1

Martin x 2, Johnson x2, Bryson and Weimann from off the bench.

Everything clicks into place for PC and our new 21m signings rightfully smash last seasons League One play off winners off the park.

We haven't played that formation and definitely not for this season. Also Bryson cannot go straight into the team especially coming back from injury so best to put him on bench for now. 

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If preston are going to play 3 at the back like DEL said then 4-3-3 is the best option because all 3 at the back formations are weak against that formation

Carson

Christie Keogh  Shackell   Forsyth

Thorne

Butterfield      Johnson

Ince                Martin            Russell

What's the allocation for this game? I read somewhere that if the away team has a big following they can get up to 6000 tickets. General allocation is 3000...bit of a trip up north for you who live in the East Mids but, surely people are going to take advantage of the 'it's near Blackpool and it's the weekend' factor?

I get totally bemused by myriad formation suggestions all of which have value but in the end success depends on what the opposition places in front of you in terms of players and their set up.

right now DCFC has a fantastic squad in comparison to most of its competitors .. Let's get a strong team out .. Deep down I'd love to see 442 with wide men and 2 strikers but I don't see training and have no inkling of individual players detailed strengths .. Chrissy martin is a great focal point in a 433 but he is a footballer and adaptable so in the end we have to trust the gaffer to make the lads play as a unit .. That is his job.  

If we play as a team 11 v 11 and believe in ourselves then we should put anyone in our league to the sword regardless of the set up. 

more ouzo tonight so hope this is too gung ho  ? ?

Hopefully Thorne is fit for this one, if he Is I can see us setting up with the usual 433 with Johnson and Butterfield coming in for Hanson and Hendrick.

If unfortunately he isn't then I can see Clement reverting to the 442 system used again Birmingham.

I think we'l win this one, itl be tight but I'm going 1-2 to the mighty rams with Johnson scoring the winner with a left foot thunderbolt becoming an instant hit with the Derby faithful.

COYR!!

Preston North End v Derby City

15:00 KO

Deepdale Stadium

With all the new signings who will Clement pick in his starting 11? Will Bradley Johnson learn the name of the team he has signed for? How many tickets will have been sold? 

If we don't win this game feel free to ban me from the forum permanently. There. I said it. 

FTFY

Brought my tickets, hoping for a good following, anybody have an idea of the number as it stands? 

Less than 250 left from what I've heard. Great following :) 

So, with George potentially out for this one we have a few decisions to make. Do we go:

.............................................Carson.........................................

Baird.................Keogh........................Shackell..............Forsyth

...........Butterfield..................Bryson..................Johnson..........

Ince.......................................Martin...........................Russell

Subs; Grant - Christie - Hendrick - Weimann - Bent - Pearce - Hanson

Questions:

1. Does Christie start over Baird and we risk both full backs stranded attacking?

2. Hendrick has been lack-lustre so far. Bryson to start?

3. Does Hanson make the bench or should Warnock be there?

4. Do we go with a different shape?

So, with George potentially out for this one we have a few decisions to make. Do we go:

.............................................Carson.........................................

Baird.................Keogh........................Shackell..............Forsyth

...........Butterfield..................Bryson..................Johnson..........

Ince.......................................Martin...........................Russell

Subs; Grant - Christie - Hendrick - Weimann - Bent - Pearce - Hanson

Questions:

1. Does Christie start over Baird and we risk both full backs stranded attacking?

2. Hendrick has been lack-lustre so far. Bryson to start?

3. Does Hanson make the bench or should Warnock be there?

4. Do we go with a different shape?

Is Thorne out?

Archived