Preston North End v Derby County

Chris Mills

Preston North End v Derby County

15:00 KO

Deepdale Stadium

With all the new signings who will Clement pick in his starting 11? Will Bradley Johnson learn the name of the team he has signed for? How many tickets will have been sold? 

If we don't win this game feel free to ban me from the forum permanently. There. I said it. 

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 -4 -2 like against brum. Forget the opposition tactics, go for it and trust this team will dominate and win at this level...

carson

Christie   Keogh  Shack  foz

Ince  Thorne  Butterfield  Johnson 

martin  Bent

unfortunate for Russell 

Will he drop the captain though? This is why I thought shacks would get the armband as the only way he wouldn't be in the starting 11 would be if he was unfit

The idea of a 41212 gets me stiff... I mean excited

Carson

Baird Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Thorne

Butterfield Johnson

Ince

Martin Bent

Ughhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That formation could be back on the cards now we've got some numbers again in midfield. But I wouldn't go with that personnel. 

- I'd go with Christie instead of Baird, we need fullbacks getting up and down the pitch in that formation as the midfield is narrow.

- Also the wide midfielders need stamina and some level of defensive capabilities too, not sure if Butterfield has either of them so not sure. Maybe Bryson/Hendrick are more suited. Johnson should be good on the left of a diamond though.

- Ince hasn't convinced in that role behind the strikers so far, maybe Butterfield would be better? Perhaps Johnson can pass on some tips to Ince about how Hoolahan plays the role. 

- And as the strikers tend to need to run the channels in a diamond, I'd always play at least one of Russell or Weimann.

I think we'll draw, 2-0 down first half and bring it back to 2-2. I'm convinced. 

Carson

Baird               Keogh              Shackell           Forsyth

Ince                  Thorne                              Butterfield              Johnson

Martin                                                           Bent

I'm going for that team. After doing a bit of digging around, I think Johnson could well play LM.

With a lot of Clement's tactical nous based seemingly on our opposition, I've not got a clue what we're gonna go for now. 

I think whoever we're playing should be more worried about trying to stop us. 

Take it back to basics, field the strongest possible 11 in a suitable formation, go straight for the jugular and let's get confidence back up. 

4-3-2-1

Carson

Baird, Keogh, Shackell, Forsyth

Ince   Butterfield   Johnson

Russell       Bryson
                 Martin

Grant, Pearce. Christie, Thorne, Hendrick, Weimann, Bent

Hopefully George is sub so he gets the time needed to get himself fully fit and there's an embarrassment of riches on the bench.

6-1

Martin x 2, Johnson x2, Bryson and Weimann from off the bench.

Everything clicks into place for PC and our new 21m signings rightfully smash last seasons League One play off winners off the park.

Archived