Under 21s & Academy 15/16

cheron85

Carson does not look like he is going to let a goal in, having said that he owes Weimann one and he tends to be first to the few that he parries forward. Some truly outstanding, match affecting saves made in my opinion. Clough used to say that Shilton got them ten points a year, can be argued that Carson has got us about six already.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing my daily check of the world web for any news Derby County, I stumbled on a Danish interview with Emil Riis about his time at Derby. Translation is a little broken, but essentially he's enjoying his time, scoring goals, and says there is a far higher consistency required in both training and in games  (the translation says "training and combat") than when he was in Denmark.

Not unexpected, but I like to see they're keeping in touch with him. Apparently he was Randers first ever youth sale (and I think, remains their only ever one to date) so they're following him quite closely. 

In case you want to read it: http://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/dansk-derby-talent-det-koerer-for-tiden/

There's also a link to the original story of the signing, which has some comments. If you proceed to the forum there are some interesting posts about how they dont think young players should go to England (although they do admit not knowing anything about Derby's youth set up specifically).

Couple of superb (properly, majestically superb the last one) free kicks from Carvell, some cracking saves from the keeper (Josh somebody I think), Timi Elsnik looks a prospect, and I was impressed with Ethan Wassall and the left back who had a battle on against a very quick skilful lad but stuck at it. Got absolutely mullered for 20 minutes after we scored, but had much more of the second half and probably deserved it in the end. Gutsy.

Amazing match at the iPro last night. They were stronger and fitter but we were neater and our goalkeeper had a blinder.

Team:- Joshua Barnes, Kyron Stabana, Callum Macdonald,Jared Bird, Ethan Wassall, Alex Cover, Jahvan Davidson-Miller, Timi Elsnik, Emil Jakobson, Alex Babos.  Subs:- Giann Magno, Matthew Yates,Micah Edwards*, Cameron Cresswell*, Joseph Bateman* - * came on as subs.

They could have scored six or seven and for an hour more or less dominated us Two free kicks goals from Carvell were world class and identical, the first came off the bar and hit the goalkeeper on the back and went in, the second hit the bar and went in. I thought that they were denied a penalty (right on goal line in corner of box) but soon scored from another one. A real team effort from the young Rams who deserved it because they weathered an onslaught and kept their shape.We had three more chances and scored three goals, two of which were own goals. Justa bout survived to extra time. first half of the ET was flat but we were excellent in the second half of ET scoring two goals. It would take about six pages to describe all the action, which I could not do. Great night of football for free. COYUU18R

I don't mean this in a negative way, but where is Jamie Hanson? Obviously he's not going to be getting game time in the first team right now but how come he's not getting games with the U21s? Surely he ought to be playing to develop?

7 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I don't mean this in a negative way, but where is Jamie Hanson? Obviously he's not going to be getting game time in the first team right now but how come he's not getting games with the U21s? Surely he ought to be playing to develop?

Think he's just come back from an injury?

53 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Wouldn't mind seeing him going out on loan. 

Nor would I, but perhaps he could also benefit from being a big fish in a small pond for a bit longer and playing in the U21s now and again. Suppose that's why we don't make the decisions, I believe in the professionals to make the right call for his future.

Yeah, I thought it might be an injury or something. Fair play, just wondering.

Archived