Under 21s & Academy 15/16

cheron85

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two of the U18 lads are up for the goal of the month, which you can all vote on: http://www.lfe.org.uk/goal-of-the-month/goal-of-the-month-october-2015

James Carvell scores a freekick against Wolves that I didn't think was particularly special. Kyron Stabana dances through the West Brom defence before banging it in. From the votes so far it's between an excellent freekick by a Mansfield lad against Burton and Stabana's goal, with the Mansfield lad ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know much about Kyron Stabana? He played left back for us today and I thought he did very well. Reading the bits that are online it seems he is a right-back normally, although he started as a striker in the academy. It's the first time I've seen him play so it's certainly a snap judgement, but he looks like he might have something to me, especially if he was playing in the wrong side.

10 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Anyone know much about Kyron Stabana? He played left back for us today and I thought he did very well. Reading the bits that are online it seems he is a right-back normally, although he started as a striker in the academy. It's the first time I've seen him play so it's certainly a snap judgement, but he looks like he might have something to me, especially if he was playing in the wrong side.

Has played for England u17 i think

37 minutes ago, sage said:

Has played for England u17 i think

I remember he got a call up to some level of the England set up (probably was u-17's) after the first choice got an injury. So he must be quite well thought of if he's considered the second or third best English RB for his age.

I went to the game, reasonably warm in West Stand.We won by last minute goal from Stabana, who had a good game. Guy is good. On the day, nobody would have picked out Buxton as a first team player. Mostly the teams cancelled each other out. they looked slightly dangerous on the break.We probably shaded it in the end. Urgency of Bunjaku who came on after 75 mins changed the game.

First time I have been to an under 21s match. I was impressed by Ssewankambo and Stabana, Guy and I  agree with @Rampage that Bunjaku gave us extra drive when he came on. He brought out the best in Bennett. 

Mitchell handled confidently in very difficult conditions. Good to see and hear Bucko talking to and encouraging the youngsters throughout - he maybe has a future in coaching? 

We just about deserved the win. An enjoyable (free) afternoon. And as a first time ever West Stander,  I especially enjoyed ignoring the South Standers when they asked us to give them a song! 

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I was telling someone at the U21 game that Mitchell is better than Roos . He is extremely calm and reliable. PZ has done a great job on Carson who is getting better all the time and approaching fourth choice England standard in my opinion.

In my opinion he's already 4th coming on 3rd. But of course it's Roy's opinion that counts and I don't think he's watched a Championship game in his life.

Archived