Signed: Jacob Butterfield

Heisenberg

Because you haven't heard of him? Doesn't mean he isn't very good.

I mean, I wouldn't have paid this much on the face of it, but as I already mentioned, I know very little about him other than he scores the odd screamer.

Definitely heard of him and knew he was a decent player, just feel like because we have had a few injuries and have started pretty poorly we are splashing it a bit.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair I think @Warren Hobhead deserves a fair bit of credit for this. I remember his mentioning the name a couple weeks ago, before any news of us being interested in Butterfield broke. I thought it was just a decent suggestion at the time, but he proved that he knew what he was talking about.

Bris did write the article yesterday, which is fair enough as it seemed the deal could be dead, but Warren was mentioning the deal before we even made any bids for him I believe.

has anyone ever seen 'warren' and 'bris' together? I have. It was quite beautiful.

Maybe it's just me, but the phrase that springs to mind is "panic buy".

This time last week, we weren't paying over the odds.

Can't really describe this as a panic buy, we've been after him for weeks. I'm guessing either we've agreed to meet Huddersfield's demands or they've dropped them. And by the looks of things it's the latter

Can't really describe this as a panic buy, we've been after him for weeks. I'm guessing either we've agreed to meet Huddersfield's demands or they've dropped them. And by the looks of things it's the latter

Hope so.

Seems every signing today is a panic buy, don't quite understand it all to be honest. We are hugely short in midfield and signed a midfielder, not just any midfielder but a top Championship midfielder.

Is £4m or even £5m too much? have we paid over the odds? I've never handled a transfer myself so can't really say, I'm just glad it hasn't came out of my wallet and thankful for those it did.

Seems every signing today is a panic buy, don't quite understand it all to be honest. We are hugely short in midfield and signed a midfielder, not just any midfielder but a top Championship midfielder.

Don't confuse people with your 'logic' and 'reason' Daveo... That's just crazy-talk...

Is £4m or even £5m too much? have we paid over the odds? I've never handled a transfer myself so can't really say, I'm just glad it hasn't came out of my wallet and thankful for those it did.

If we're promoted, the prices mean almost nothing. 

If we don't get promoted, then they'll be looked at as bad deals. 

So it's down to the players to perform and make themselves look like smart investments.

Bloody hell, he's already done a day's training with us! Must have done all the photos and interviews at the crack of sparrows.

Think that says a lot about our management team then... that they managed to delay the 'official' announcement without any photos slipping out!

Four year contract. 

Crikey, so if we do eventually reach the promised land in the next year or two, are we to assume he along with Bryson (4year contract last year) and others signed on long term deals will form the backbone for our team in the prem? They'll get murdered. This is always the issue with clubs desperately trying to get promoted - they buy good championship players on extended contracts and then if they do go up are upgraded anyway and are then sat kicking their heels up with the stiffs.

Good signing so l'm led to believe but wary that this doesn't automatically mean instant success.

Archived