Is clement up to the job

harwich ram

We declined last season because of all the injuries from March onwards, remember what were we 5 or 6 points clear at the time and lost most of the first team through injury or suspensions.

The squad and 1st team is so much better than Mac had to work with......Forgetting the poor results, look at the performances, are they really getting better? Are we really improving every game?

He has had 6 games so far and apart from 2nd half against Brum and 20 minutes against Leeds we have been shocking!

Can he turn us into a side that can compete at this level?

We certainly have the players here that are capable of beating Bolton, Charlton, Brum, Leeds, Boro and without doubt Portsmouth's B team!

You have to question why we competing at this level?

Weve only lost once you know? Can't compete?? 

Because of injuries? You weren't saying that last season. It was Keogh, it was Newcastle speculation it was no plan b etc etc

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because of injuries? You weren't saying that last season. It was Keogh, it was Newcastle speculation it was no plan b etc etc

It's so embarrassing mate that's why I hate some of my own fans. THERE IS 41 GAMES TO GO!!!!!!

He needs a few wins quickly. Nigel Clough was sacked after taking 14 points from 10 games. Clement has taken 4 points from 5 games. He therefore needs at least 3 wins from the next 5 games starting away at Preston. He also needs a left winger and a good central midfielder together with some luck and a few competent referees as the ref on Saturday was dire.

Nigel Clough was sacked for doing virtually F/A with regards to progress since he started ,not for14 pts from 10 games , that was just the straw that broke the camels back.

Could post this on any thread really but may as well be here:

Most of the threads since the season started are understandably tainted with increasing frustration. We all want to get behind the team & management but its difficult when things are clearly not right with the team. We expected and needed to hit the ground running and impose ourselves on the division.

Personally I am concerned that the players don't look happy and haven't looked happy even in pre-season. Injuries to midfield have been appalling but I have a horrible feeling there is more to it.

The good ship DCFC isn't a happy ship imo. 

You don't count the shambles against Portsmouth then?

Results are showing we cannot compete!

We do have the players to compete, so there is obviously something wrong with the coaching side/ formations/playing style and that is down to the coach.

If you now think Clement is going to turn it around, what is that based on?

Ovis aries stick to the present dont show your ignorance of the past ,Clough stabilised this club on a shoe string budget

and it will be appreciated by many derby fans .When the board decided to go in a different direction,the players he left behind were a credit to him and the club,and so to was the academy,

Grant-Buxton-Keogh-Hughes-Hendricks-Russell-Martin-Bryson-Forsyth-Bennett.--7  out of 10 free transfers.

All still in the present squad,Move on yes but dont  belittle past servants of the club

I agree about the touchline support @JW. I was watching Rosler and his sidekick discussing tactics when they were bringing their subs on - they knew they were getting over-run and soon adjusted to it. 

In contrast we were a little slow to react to Leeds' tactics - didn't really need to wait until half time to tell Hendrick to push up or Martin to move across from Bamba. There were plenty of stoppages during the half to get those messages out there. 

It's all a bit inflexible at the minute and I  am  hoping that this is just a confidence thing and a few better results will see Clement, and therefore his players, relax. 

But a good manager should seek advice from his team at all times. Maybe that is happening but it's not visible to us. 

Clement looks lost to me. Whenever I watch him in interviews he just doesn't strike me as a football manager. 

He doesn't seem to get any help from Peacock either. Is he still at the club?? Simmo was constantly on the touchline when he was here, i haven't seen Peacock out there once.

I want him to be a success and i will support him and the players as always, but i'll be shocked if he is still in charge come the end of the season.

And as for Chris Evans, i'll be surprised if he's still here by Christmas.

Good and honest post.

Personally I am concerned that the players don't look happy and haven't looked happy even in pre-season. Injuries to midfield have been appalling but I have a horrible feeling there is more to it.

The good ship DCFC isn't a happy ship imo. 

new players will have come in on big money

the existing captain has been deposed for a newcomer who hadn't kicked a ball for us

regulars like bryson have become lost on the fringes so there is bound to be friction.....e.g. Bryson giving Ince the finger gesture.

there is a high rate of new signings......like when we had docherty or when arthur went on a spending spree.......it can be hard to create a team in those circumstances.

...and we keep tinkering with the formation when we would benefit from a settled team

But the mix isn't yet right.

we have very few players who actually want the ball and are quite happy to pass is on to someone else.....apart from russell who displays exactly the hunger and appetite that will get us going. 

And we need a competitor in the middle who is determined to win the midfield battle.....a gemmill or a rioch.

We do have the players to compete, so there is obviously something wrong with the coaching side/ formations/playing style and that is down to the coach.

Will ask again, what answer did you expect from Clement about why we didn't start the game as we did the 2nd half?

Weve only played 5 games. I'm waiting and seeing 

You crack on with your Clement out banner

Will ask again, what answer did you expect from Clement about why we didn't start the game as we did the 2nd half?

Perhaps, something like this  -  tactically we got it wrong again, the system I set up was wrong, but this is a learning curve for us........

Sometimes it is best to hold your hands up and say we dropped a *******, it would also show that he knows what needs putting right for next time.

But to go into your only 6 games exactly the same way?

To say what he said showed him lacking, it was sort of, I don't know how to answer that question, to say 'we'll reflect on it'-

hello what have you been doing since the Bolton game !

disgraceful, we all want better including PC but after such a short space of time ? really...

we miss hughes, arguably our best player !!

Mac hit the ground running didn't he, he had a good squad and massive experience, the guy managed his country !!

please allow him some time to settle and we will see the fruits of his labor.

Look, we all want us to be successful  - We have a squad which is as good as most and better than many in this division.

Why can't we compete at the likes of Bolton, Leeds, Charlton?

PC was brought in as Mac's replacement, he has been given new signings - and granted at last, our defence looks decent, but the midfield and forward line is now poor, how can that be when we have actually added extra quality [Weimann] to it?

Martin, Bent  and Ince all look like different players, what has happened to them?

There were a few of us during pre season saying we needed another quality play maker in midfield to help WH- we are desperate now for that signing to come in, the beast that's gone to Burnley would have helped sort out the midfield.

I just don't see anything in what happened in August that says we have improved since May.

I am concerned at the interviews Clement gives, nothing in what he is saying or not saying gives me confidence!

He needs a few wins quickly. Nigel Clough was sacked after taking 14 points from 10 games. Clement has taken 4 points from 5 games. He therefore needs at least 3 wins from the next 5 games starting away at Preston. He also needs a left winger and a good central midfielder together with some luck and a few competent referees as the ref on Saturday was dire.

Think he was sacked after 5 years without once winning more games in a season than we lost

Archived