Hughes replacement

ColchesterRam

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutting isn't the word. This is a cruel blow to us and I would of loved to see a whole season of our team with Hughes and Thorne in together. However I'm sure we will get a top replacement in even though they will probably not bring the same qualities Hughes has. Still a long way to go and hopefully we can see plenty of positives ahead!

Truly gutting news. A real sickener. Unbelievable really...

Mackworthram, without asking you to name names if it will land you in any bother, have you been privy to the identity of any potential replacements? If so, could you give the rest of us an indication as to whether or not you consider them worthy replacements for the unfortunate Mr Hughes?

Again, absolutely awful news on young Will...

I'd throw big money at a replacement. 

If Hughes is out for the season then we're going to need a replacement to sit up to the plate. I genuinely don't see many players capable of such a thing either. 

Mowatt and Luke Freeman could be worth a look. 

It's some big boots to fill, mind. 

Seeing the injury on replace, it looked like a cruciate ligament injury from how it happened and his reaction. That said, I'd wait for an official announcement before getting particularly worked out. 

Equally, Mackworth may have heard the initial reaction from the club, if I'd seen that I'd have gotten a replacement lined up the second I saw it, awaiting confirmation of what's happened. It can take a while for a full diagnosis sometimes on these kinds of injuries, and I'm not convinced there should already be talk about it even behind the scenes. I guess we'll know soon enough either way though. 

If we intend to stick with the diamond then bryson and hendrick can do it. 

Barry Bannan wouldn't be a surprise....in fact thats worth a bet.

Wouldn't surprise me to see us go in for Barton now. With both Bryson and Hughes out, sign someone like Bridcutt/Guerdioura and then Barton come in on a short deal (1 or 2 years). Not saying I'd be over the moon with Barton coming in, but I imagine it's a possibility now, especially as we've seen how much Clement likes experienced players

Archived