People who said "no" to Sam Rush

Alph

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Boycie reckon it was Weimann. Didn't Mel say that he's "wow" within reason? As good as what we have but not on a his own wavelength? That's where he made his point about signing a superstar being pointless? 

He said up there with the likes of Martin and Hughes didn't he? 

I think the wow was Weimann. My guess.

It was "up to £3m". With clauses as expected. Not £3m plus. 

Even so Jeremy Peace, THE Jeremy Peace, was defeated by Sam Rush. 

Apparently traffic lights are always on green for him. 

He's still not recovered from his clash with Sam Rush and he's now trying to sell West Brom. Poor guy, he thought it would be a simple, 'No, he's not for sale' and it would be done. That's not happening when Rush is involved 

@Boycie reckon it was Weimann. Didn't Mel say that he's "wow" within reason? As good as what we have but not on a his own wavelength? That's where he made his point about signing a superstar being pointless? 

He said up there with the likes of Martin and Hughes didn't he? 

I think the wow was Weimann. My guess.

No, we asked him about Ince, Shackell and Wiemann when he showed us the new replica pitch, he didn't deny any of them, just gave a knowing nod! 

I hope it's Bridcutt! Promotion on a plate if so.

Well, he said we'd know, and had a glint in his eye.

Weimann didn't make me go wow tbh.

plus the rumour is we'll top our transfer record again.

Now our Summer dealings have become to come to a head, and I've thought about the 'wow' signing a little more, I think I'd prefer it to be a coup rather than spending tons on someone. 

I.e. £5m for someone worth £7m+ rather than doing a Boro (supposedly) and going after someone like Rhodes (or any better example) for £14m

Don't get it.

Sam seems to be good at his job but not sure he has any influence over the budget. 

Not a particularly important role as such, people who scout and spot really good players who may be available in our budget are far more valuable to the club.

Sam clinches deals i suppose is what your saying, but someone has to unearth the talent in the first place.

Archived