Blackpool

Day

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Doesn't look great, and these were posted and left on their forum? 

With regards to this sort of case Daveo, do you know if there were any implications to the Blackpool fans site at all? I know you do work hard to remove potentially libelous material. What sort of ramifications would a case like this have on dcfcfans?  

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

With regards to this sort of case Daveo, do you know if there were any implications to the Blackpool fans site at all? I know you do work hard to remove potentially libelous material. What sort of ramifications would a case like this have on dcfcfans?  

Worst case I'm guessing would be a takedown request from the courts to pull the site and possible fine maybe, isn't their a separate case against the website itself?

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

Worst case I'm guessing would be a takedown request from the courts to pull the site and possible fine maybe, isn't their a separate case against the website itself?

Not sure, haven't looked in to it that extensively but I didn't expect it just to be against that one man and nothing else. Seems a little unfair, depending on how long the comment was on the site for. If someone posted something libelous on dcfcfans which was then screenshotted before removed and thus visible to MM or someone at Derby, it would seem unfair to punish a site on the basis of an individual's silly remarks.

43 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Doesn't look great, and these were posted and left on their forum? 

Taken down quite rapidly, I believe, but Oyston wants to close down the message board too. Obviously not rapidly enough for him.

Anyway, your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.

Surely he hasn't got a case then if they can prove the comments were removed within reasonable time, if they get fined for that it could pretty much make forums in their current form dead. Only way would be to pass all posts through moderation before being published

I *think* it's relating to release of personal information. The site will not disclose the names of some people, so are being sued as an entity as the individuals are untraceable.

The websites defence appears to be properly legally backed, unlike 'raggy' who has taken advice from a very vocal BFC supporter.

7 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Surely he hasn't got a case then if they can prove the comments were removed within reasonable time, if they get fined for that it could pretty much make forums in their current form dead. Only way would be to pass all posts through moderation before being published

I'll do a bit of digging when I get home. Not even sure what board - Raggy posted on both Back Henry Street and AVFTT. I have seen some dodgy things on there, but 41 grand worth of dodgy? Given the to-and-fro that had occurred, that's what I based my earlier comment on.

For 41 grand, you could even call me sweetie - but I might draw the line at Angel Drawers.

When there are so many legitimate ways to point out the Oyston's are *****, it's rather stupid to dress unprovable rumours up as facts.

I noticed in the judgement the defendant only falsely confirmed what a previous poster said, does anyone know whether they were also sued?

Can't believe the swear filter blanked out gents, what's wrong with that!

4 hours ago, eddie said:

Taken down quite rapidly, I believe, but Oyston wants to close down the message board too. Obviously not rapidly enough for him.

Anyway, your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.

That may be true, but can you prove it?

16 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I assume the lad will go bankrupt and the Owner won't see a penny?

they can't make you pay if you ain't got it?

unless they make him sell his home if he owns it?

Pound a week, 20,000 weeks, soon have it paid off

8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Is he on the dole?

Not sure. Reminds me of the recent case where an ex footballer took both Stoke City football club and ex Stoke City goalkeeper Peter Fox to court regards allegations of physical assault and for loss of earnings. He lost the case and now has to pay £100k to each of the defendants for legal fees. Ouch.

Archived