Blackpool

Day

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just thankful for our board who imo do a great job, keep us informed and make us all feel like a valuable, integral part of the club.

I really feel for the Blackpool fans and the way their club is being made derelict at the hands of Oyston.

another fail at wumming.

This family sounds like the assad or qadafi family. They will be out. The will of the people always prevails.

You've got me wrong, I'm far too apathetic in life to be a wum. As Blur once sang, I'm a professional cynic but my heart's not in it.

By force them to sell, I meant the football league shouldn't be able to force them to sell. Whether it's the 'will of the people' or not.

You've got me wrong, I'm far too apathetic in life to be a wum. As Blur once sang, I'm a professional cynic but my heart's not in it.

By force them to sell, I meant the football league shouldn't be able to force them to sell. Whether it's the 'will of the people' or not.

Never mind Blur. I think I see you in here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJS3xnD7Mus

You absolutely should be able to force an owner to sell. Sports teams are a rare kind of business where the customers are the only completely benevolent stakeholders. If the Football League believe the owners are damaging the club and the leagues reputation, and the supporters trust of the club are in agreement, they should have to return the club to the people who are most likely to have the best of intentions for it.

You absolutely should be able to force an owner to sell. Sports teams are a rare kind of business where the customers are the only completely benevolent stakeholders. If the Football League believe the owners are damaging the club and the leagues reputation, and the supporters trust of the club are in agreement, they should have to return the club to the people who are most likely to have the best of intentions for it.

And you trust the football league to do that? Who has the best intentions for the club is subjective. The Oystons would argue that they do.

Ownership of a football club has implicit oblgation s to steakholders. It'd be sad if this thing makes them legal obligations but as these steakholdrrs add a huge amount to the value of the enterprise they need to be respected and protected.

Whilst I hate to see a club in such trouble (actually that's not true... as long as it's not us I can't really raise any enthusiasm one way or t'other... apart from Leeds... hope they cease to exist) I think Owen Oyston (father and owner?) has some fair points to the fans... He has put a LOT of money into taking Blackpool from the brink of ceasing to exist into a solvent business...

I think the issue now is that the BST have no business plan... their proposal seems to be along the lines of "give us the club or we'll keep stopping games" which (as the club has a value and according to reports zero debt) is basically just the equivalent of a mugging! Especially since they have no business plan in place...

I mean when the 3 amigos took over us they paid a nominal fee but also took on huge amounts of debt... there's no suggestion here that there's any debt involved... so why should he GIVE away everything to a group of people who are still not going to be able to finance anything more than he's currently providing?

Blackpool have been fined £50,000 by the FA for the pitch invasion which led to the game against Huddersfield in May being abandoned.

Whilst I hate to see a club in such trouble (actually that's not true... as long as it's not us I can't really raise any enthusiasm one way or t'other... apart from Leeds... hope they cease to exist) I think Owen Oyston (father and owner?) has some fair points to the fans... He has put a LOT of money into taking Blackpool from the brink of ceasing to exist into a solvent business...

I think the issue now is that the BST have no business plan... their proposal seems to be along the lines of "give us the club or we'll keep stopping games" which (as the club has a value and according to reports zero debt) is basically just the equivalent of a mugging! Especially since they have no business plan in place...

I mean when the 3 amigos took over us they paid a nominal fee but also took on huge amounts of debt... there's no suggestion here that there's any debt involved... so why should he GIVE away everything to a group of people who are still not going to be able to finance anything more than he's currently providing?

The vast fortunes brought in for promotion to the premier league, together with the parachute payments, seem to have been lent, interest-free, to other non-football related Oyston companies. That's what's upsetting people.

Seems very Maxwellian to me.

The vast fortunes brought in for promotion to the premier league, together with the parachute payments, seem to have been lent, interest-free, to other non-football related Oyston companies. That's what's upsetting people.

Seems very Maxwellian to me.

is that a fact eddie?

Archived