Simple pleasures

i-Ram

Had a fantastic meal tonight - won't go into detail, or supply pictures, because I'm not Froggg. But the highlight? Lovely new potatoes, with Lurpak, salt and pepper on top. Absolute joy.  What simple pleasures  do you enjoy?

Please do not restrict yourself to things you put in your mouth.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a fantastic meal tonight - won't go into detail, or supply pictures, because I'm not Froggg. But the highlight? Lovely new potatoes, with Lurpak, salt and pepper on top. Absolute joy.  What simple pleasures  do you enjoy?

Please do not restrict yourself to things you put in your mouth.

no it makes me gag !!

Visiting Derby city centre for the 1st time  in fourty  years ,will be staying at the jury hotel.Any suggestions on what to see and where to go may be a good inexpensive restaraunt ?will be arriving on a Friday eve ,departing Sun midday .All sensible suggestions welcome Unfortunatley wife doesn't eat spicy / hot food and the week end break is for her.

Visiting Derby city centre for the 1st time  in fourty  years ,will be staying at the jury hotel.Any suggestions on what to see and where to go may be a good inexpensive restaraunt ?will be arriving on a Friday eve ,departing Sun midday .All sensible suggestions welcome Unfortunatley wife doesn't eat spicy / hot food and the week end break is for her.

I'll give you some ideas from someone who has lived 17 years in the City.

Obviously, anything or any places you remember or liked go there to see if they have changed,

Ill give some points which have changed massively,

Bus Station looks like an airport

Shopping Centre called Intu which is worth a visit, plenty of restaurants and stuff to do in there but will be busy

There is no DRI which has been abandoned and the block of flats have been demolished

if you haven't been to the iPro (Pride Park) it is worth a visit, Frankies and Bennies to the rear, bit of a trek though

Massive copper building (derelict) near Friar gate, some good restaurants there such as Pierre Bistro, The Distillery.

This is harder than I thought but there you go :)

Loads of nasty people about anyway, doubt it has changed in that respect and the council waste money like a kid given some money to fetch the milk and bread who comes back with some Freddos and an Ice Cream

Archived