Simple pleasures

i-Ram

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you mean whisky?

Yes, I always add the e when typing and I've no idea why. Don't notice myself doing it at all. Think it's all the time I spend around Americans. It's the Irish/American spelling, isn't it?

Yes, I always add the e when typing and I've no idea why. Don't notice myself doing it at all. Think it's all the time I spend around Americans. It's the Irish/American spelling, isn't it?

Yes, but it seems to be the common spelling, whether they mean whisky or whiskey.

One of my favourite tipples is actually Canadian Club but for quality, it doesn't come close to my favourite whiskies.

Yes, but it seems to be the common spelling, whether they mean whisky or whiskey.

One of my favourite tipples is actually Canadian Club but for quality, it doesn't come close to my favourite whiskies.

I try a lot of international stuff, recently bought a new Japanese blended from Hibiki for around £50 which is really nice. A big fan of Hibiki's single malts and this "Japanese Harmony" is one of the better blended whiskies I've had.

Not sure if this comes under the heading 'simple pleasures', but...

I spent a pleasant afternoon yesterday in sun-kissed Buxton, which is in the midst of a month-long festival. Presumably in an effort to emulate Edinburgh, there are a number of 'entertainments' which can only described as 'Fringe'.

One particularly erudite and no doubt thought-provoking performance, which anounced itself in hi-viz pink lettering is called 'Women who W@nk'. I kid you not.

That's entertainment?

Went for a bike ride last night & stopped off by some trees next to the cycle path near Newark. Just sat there on the bank for a bit, taking in the sights & smells & suddenly a squirrel appeared and came sniffing round close to me and then sat right by my feet. For a good few minutes we both just sat there looking round and at each other. Only when another cyclist came past did he scurry back off up the tree. Priceless.

Archived