The most EXCITING Derby County game that I saw live.

Rampage

Pre-season reminiscences are very interesting while we await renewed live match action.Which was the most EXCITING Rams match that you saw live? Plenty of room here to launch your match report career. If possible, name the season and the relevance of the game. If you can find us the team sheet even better. How did the scoring go? Maybe you proposed to the girlfriend on that day. As much information as you can or as little as you can remember will do fine. Hopefully we will be generous to each other if someone thinks that Frank Sinatra was playing at left back that day. The purpose is for us to enjoy your happy recollections, not to say that someone was left back not right back. Long descriptions can be enjoyed by some and skip read by others.So fire away. have as many attempts as you like. COYR

Derby beat Tottenham Hotspur 5 nil in their first season after promotion with Brrian Clough at the helm.Immense performance by Dave Mackay.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have done this thread a few times over the years and a common game comes up quite a lot, somewhat surprisingly considering Derby actually lost the game over 90 minutes.

The play off 2nd leg Vs Southampton in 2007 at Pride Park had everything for me. Most exciting Derby game I know of.

I have done this thread a few times over the years and a common game comes up quite a lot, somewhat surprisingly considering Derby actually lost the game over 90 minutes.

The play off 2nd leg Vs Southampton in 2007 at Pride Park had everything for me. Most exciting Derby game I know of.

Hi Mostyn6, i wondered if that might be the case. I am at present suffering from lack of transfer activity syndrome. and I need a bit of a distraction in the DCFC context. I agree with you about the game that you mention and I was at that game. An absolute cracker. my son Paul was with me at that game..

I can't remember the exact details, but at the backend of our first premiership stay we played Man Utd. Christie had a goal dissallowed and, for a struggling team, we played really well.

Think it ended 2-2?

I'm sure someone on here will put me right with the exact details.

Felt we were robbed, but it was a great game as a spectacle.

Pre-season reminiscences are very interesting while we await renewed live match action.Which was the most EXCITING Rams match that you saw live? Plenty of room here to launch your match report career. If possible, name the season and the relevance of the game. If you can find us the team sheet even better. How did the scoring go? Maybe you proposed to the girlfriend on that day. As much information as you can or as little as you can remember will do fine. Hopefully we will be generous to each other if someone thinks that Frank Sinatra was playing at left back that day. The purpose is for us to enjoy your happy recollections, not to say that someone was left back not right back. Long descriptions can be enjoyed by some and skip read by others.So fire away. have as many attempts as you like. COYR

Derby beat Tottenham Hotspur 5 nil in their first season after promotion with Brrian Clough at the helm.Immense performance by Dave Mackay.

You're showing your age now lad

Derby County 2 Rotherham United 1

"Christie looking cool as custard..."

(I remember it didn't really take off until the last 15 minutes, but what a last 15 minutes it was)

Wallington, Palmer, Buckley, Williams, Hindmarch, MacLaren, Micklewhite, Gregory, Davison, Christie, Chandler. Sub: Gee

09/05/1986

Derby 5 Arsenal 0

or one of the european games

derby 3 benfica 0

or derby 2 spartal trvana 0

or

the newcastle cup game

derby 4 newcastle 2 

Derby v crystal palace April 1996 to get promotion to the first division, bald eagles barmy army, great team that he put together and was very underrated !! We held our own with the big boys for a few years after that, but that day the atmosphere in the BBG was fantastic ! And that header from van dear laan was sublime !!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Har8A8vQOaM

Forest Green Rovers 3-4 Derby County (Jan 2008)

Not sure it was exciting for Derby fans who traveled to the game. But in hindsight, and for neutrals, it had everything a cup tie should have. Goals, penalties, cards, safe standing (on that stretch of grass down one side of pitch), little pub built into side of stadium for all fans to mingle with the backdrop of West England.

And we won. Then we went back to PP to play a Cup Semi against Utd, that was quite exciting too

One that has already been mentioned was the Derby v Palace showdown in 1996 when Studger and Robbie fired us to promotion. One of my favourite games of the last 20 years.

Derby 3 Chelsea 1 F.A cup 1968 ,I have seen all the European games etc. but this to me was the best .The Baseball Ground at it's finest over 34k packed in ,brilliant .Derby became of age in that match, the crowd won that game for us.  

Had to think hard about this one, A different match to those mentioned above that stands out for me is vs Dirty Leeds back in Nov 75  complete with the Franny Lee and Norman Hunter punch up and the brilliant winning goal from Roger Davies. 

Favourite game dince 1980 would be more difficult.

off the top of my head...

derby 5 forest 0

derby 4 plymouth 1

sheff wed 2 derby 5

derby 4 southampton 0

Sith Happens

Got to agree the southampton playoff semi second leg.....that feeling when idiakez went down to take the last penalty, just knew we had done it....had he been able to take it from about 30 yards he might have scored :)

P*****D it down, got soaked walking back but didnt care....one of the best

Archived