The most EXCITING Derby County game that I saw live.

Rampage

Forest 1 - 2 Derby - against all the odds. 1 nil down and down to 10 men within the first 5 minutes. Brilliant solo goal by Jim Jam to equalize. Sheer carnage when Hendrick scored the winner. I mean absolute elation when the ball hit the net, every man and his dog in the packed away end just went absolutely crazy.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe no one has said Derby 1-0 Man Utd in the Carling Cup a few years back, Commons rocket!

More of an exciting moment rather than a match would also be Dave Jones' last minute free-kick vs Sheff Wed in 2007.

Another one I recall from recent years is WBA in 2010 (I think) they went 2-1 up on 90+3 when straight from kick-off the mighty Lee Hendrie equalised!

Southampton semi-final is the winner for me though!

Can a 5-0 win really be that exciting? Thoroughly enjoyable sure, but doesn't exciting suggest that the result might have been at least in a little doubt?

Can't believe no one has said Derby 1-0 Man Utd in the Carling Cup a few years back, Commons rocket!

More of an exciting moment rather than a match would also be Dave Jones' last minute free-kick vs Sheff Wed in 2007.

Another one I recall from recent years is WBA in 2010 (I think) they went 2-1 up on 90+3 when straight from kick-off the mighty Lee Hendrie equalised!

Southampton semi-final is the winner for me though!

DJ Campbell equalised against West Brom, after a cracking Dorrans strike.

I'm going to stick a cheeky little bid in for Bournemouth away last season. 2-2 came back twice - pushed up in 2nd half and bossed the game but they were good - much better than the negative shower that turn up at the ipro.

Proper old ding-dong of a game played by 2 teams who were both in form at the time and neither expected to lose.

Can a 5-0 win really be that exciting? Thoroughly enjoyable sure, but doesn't exciting suggest that the result might have been at least in a little doubt?

DJ Campbell equalised against West Brom, after a cracking Dorrans strike.

Apologies it was, I was getting confused with Hendrie goading the WBA fans at the final whistle.

Derby 1 - 0 Forest. Hulse heads in from a Commons free kick late in the game. The quality wasn't high but the tension and atmosphere was awesome and wee Billy had a complaint I seem to remember. It brought at least a little cheer to me when iI was being made redundant and living in Nottingham. I also enjoyed Huddersfield at home last season, manure semi 2nd leg when for the last few minutes they were hanging on as we looked to level. Last mention is Millwall at home in Burleys first season because itkept us up and Leon Osman was a class apart.

halifaxram

Derby 3 Chelsea 1 F.A cup 1968 ,I have seen all the European games etc. but this to me was the best .The Baseball Ground at it's finest over 34k packed in ,brilliant .Derby became of age in that match, the crowd won that game for us.  

Have to agree with that Kev. I have never experienced anything like the atmosphere in the BBG that night. The second half was just amazing, and as you say, the crowd were ramped up. Still get goose bumps when I think of it.

Have to agree with that Kev. I have never experienced anything like the atmosphere in the BBG that night. The second half was just amazing, and as you say, the crowd were ramped up. Still get goose bumps when I think of it.

I was 15 at the time ,the noise was mind blowing just a constant Derby, Derby from around the ground.Sad thing is there is no TV footage or even radio Derby archive .

It was featured in a Radio Derby top 10 goals [Dave McKay's] but Graham Richardson talked it through due to lack of coverage.

My error by the way it was the League Cup not F.A.   http://www.bbc.co.uk/derby/content/articles/2009/04/03/rams_125_goal_vote_feature.shtml

Either:

3-3 vs Wednesday at home in the PL (late 90's) when we went 3-1 down with 3 minutes to go...

5-5 vs Scunny in the league cup - was the first match of the season on a tuesday night, a bizarre, disappointing but nonetheless exciting game!

Play off semi final against Southamption was the one that bounced into my brain straight away.  Considering how much was riding on it the game was so end to end.  Was so over-joyed coming out the ground I didn't even mind getting drenched walking back into town.

Everton 3-2 at the BBG with Goddard's chip winning it was pretty special too.

If we're talking most exciting then it was 7th Jan 2008 Derby 1-0 Manchester United. Incredible feeling that. But the pure disbelief of beating Forest 5-0 was another level in terms of my favourite game.

along with the forest 5-0, the southampton game(both legs) and the playoff final here's one i cant believe no one has mentioned!

the forest game where we won 3-2 after being 2-0 down after 14minutes!!!! (2009)

Cohen scores with basically the first shot of the game at 2minutes, just ten minutes of pressure later and bywater brings down (looked like a dive) tyson and they score a second on 14minutes, at this point us derby fans are stunned!

we keep singing on and on and on and the legend that is gary teale sets up hulse with a cross to head home on 27minutes and suddenly the belief is back, soon after the second half starts the legend that is gary teale once again pops up with a cross to the waiting green who slots home with ease.........2-2 and the game is back on with 30minutes to go.

Forest were now stunned and derby were in full force and who else could score the winning goal but their beloved "fat boy commons", after striking the post with a spectular drive, he collects up the ball and tries again with the result this time being the ball nesting in the back of the goal and the fans going wild!!!!!!, 2-0 down after 14minutes at our rivals ground, 3-2 up by the end game.

Never going to forget that one.

Been watching my season review dvd of the promotion season and have a few fun facts that may interest someone!

- Leon Best was southamptons main striker in the second leg.

- Leon Best also missed the first penalty, setting us up for victory.

- Leon Best was ***** for us recently. (general fact)

- Gareth Bale played against us in the first leg and scored a cracker of a free kick, why didnt we go and sign him ;p?

- Gary Teale has skills and i can prove it.(unrelated to above ;p)

- Baird was playing for southampton at the time and stopped a goal with a great header off the line.

- Giles Barnes genuinely looked good in that season.

- Leon Best was southamptons main striker in the second leg.

- Gareth Bale played against us in the first leg and scored a cracker of a free kick, why didnt we go and sign him ;p?

- Rasiak was playing against us, so no he wasn't. Best was playing though and scored a cracking own goal.

- No he didn't.

- Rasiak was playing against us, so no he wasn't. Best was playing though and scored a cracking own goal.

- No he didn't.

He did play, but yeah Surman scored their goal iirc

Archived