Chris Martin

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£10m represents good value in this current market. 

Technically the best forward in the league, lacks only physical attributes despite having great strength. 

Through it in NIxon's thread as it's his mouth but I'll ask this in here,

Do you think anyone would be willing to pay £10m, anyone in the prem in desperate need of a player like Martin?

Through it in NIxon's thread as it's his mouth but I'll ask this in here,

Do you think anyone would be willing to pay £10m, anyone in the prem in desperate need of a player like Martin?

I think he's definitely playing/played a role here that suited him, which benefited us immensely. 

You look at players like Glenn Murray, Leo Ulloa...etc and you have to say that Martin is superior, so I guess there would be clubs willing to pay that.

If we lost Martin then we would need a complete system change, because I just don't think we could him as a style or player.

Comments towards Martin and Hughes, even Ince, like: ''why would he go there and be a squad player'' make me laugh too.

All three, with the right manager, system...etc, would comfortably make the step up. Hughes would walk into the Liverpool side, yet people think he'd struggle for whatever reason. I thought Ibe would struggle, but it just goes to show what the right system can do. Hughes as a footballer is a marked improvement on Ibe, as is Ince. 

I think he's definitely playing/played a role here that suited him, which benefited us immensely. 

You look at players like Glenn Murray, Leo Ulloa...etc and you have to say that Martin is superior, so I guess there would be clubs willing to pay that.

If we lost Martin then we would need a complete system change, because I just don't think we could him as a style or player.

Comments towards Martin and Hughes, even Ince, like: ''why would he go there and be a squad player'' make me laugh too.

All three, with the right manager, system...etc, would comfortably make the step up. Hughes would walk into the Liverpool side, yet people think he'd struggle for whatever reason. I thought Ibe would struggle, but it just goes to show what the right system can do. Hughes as a footballer is a marked improvement on Ibe, as is Ince. 

I agree with you second point

on the first, I suppose it would be better to lose Martin earlier rather than later then, if we had to lose him, so we have time to develop a new system.

I was told Swansea had bid for him by a friend who often gives me some info, he is a bit and miss (more miss than hit) so I didn't really think much of it. Now that I've read that article and Nixon (also hit and miss) has said we turned down big money for a player in the past week or so, I'm wondering if that was the bid he was referring to? Swansea have recently signed Eder, also a target man, and Nixon also mentioned that if the bidder didn't sign their other target then they'd come back for Martin, which hopefully now isn't the case. Not claiming to be ITK or anything which is why I don't bother posting the other stuff I'm told, but it seems like it all ties together nicely, to me at least anyway.

Looks like my mate was 90% right. I might see what else he has to say.... 

A lot of Swansea fans don't seem to think Martin would get in the team. In fact some think he'd be 2 or 3 injuries out of the team. They'd **** a chicken if Swansea spent £10m on him :lol:

No surprise that his name has popped up and doubt it'll be the last time this year. I was surprised there was no concrete offers for him at the end of the 2013-14 season.

Pretty assured the staff will do what's right for the club and confident Martin will do what's right for him too.

Regardless of where he is next season I hope he does well.

If we did quote Swansea £10mil, and they ran off it shows that he would be used as a squad player primarily. Martin has already had a spell not getting in a PL side which resulted in him sitting on the bench in L1 for Swindon

If we did quote Swansea £10mil, and they ran off it shows that he would be used as a squad player primarily. Martin has already had a spell not getting in a PL side which resulted in him sitting on the bench in L1 for Swindon

Hopefully that will deter him from risking losing first team football with us if we do receive a large offer. 

I've seen strikers score less goals than Martin and go for more money in the past so personally I'd want ATLEAST 10 if not more depending on who we had as a replacement 

Are we really talking about our Chris Martin, who hasn't been able as yet to evidence that he can nail a position down at the head of the Scotland team, a race who aren't exactly overloaded with striking riches.

Good player Chrissy AT OUR LEVEL, and I don't want him to go this season as I like him and what he gives to our team, but he is not worth £10m unless the world has gone completely crazy.  He has had a good 18 months, after a very indifferent 24 months before (being a free transfer we salvaged from a loan spell with Swindon). 

Archived