Chris Martin

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't think Martin will leave - he's way too important. If a massive bid (12-15m) comes in then it's fair game as everyone has their price.

Otherwise, I can see us fighting tooth and nail to ensure he's a Derby player come the new season. 

I think this is true.

It might be different if Martin feels he wants to go and have a pop at the PL though.

What's this about allegedly big signing?

Apparently Bucko is going to Birmingham, Keogh plus cash for shackell, Martin going too and Rhodes in this week, so it's gonna be a very busy week and this is of a reliable source.

You've changed your tune over the last 18 hours.

You're not fooling anyone kid.

Run along now.

Strikes me that Ince, Weimann, Bent etc...won't have come here on low wages. Maybe Martin's agent is pushing a few stories about Premier clubs being interested, then he will renegotiate a new wage for him? Also could be few journalists looking at all the options we have and thinking there may be a snob element to Clement and that he doesn't fancy Martin and his physical style of hold-up play and putting 2 and 2 together to get 5... Not saying I agree with that assessment of his style and really hope he stays.

When Martin first came on loan, he was bemoaning constant loan spells meaning he couldn't settle and he had his young family miles away from where he was. His kids were growing up essentially 'on the road', a different city and a different club every 3 months. He wanted to earn a deal here so he could settle, buy a house, get his career back on track, and do right by his missus and kids (I think he has two? At least one anyway).We gave him a contract and more importantly a city to settle in. He has repaid us with goals, and lots of them. The deal is simple, you make sure the guy is happy, and he scores you goals.

It's something I admire a lot about him, he seems to know what's important - looking after the family and being settled. Why would he pack his stuff up and start again after what's happened previously? He's happy and settled here, and so is the family. I'm not saying he's staying here for the rest of his career, but he's not going to go anywhere unless he's 100% assured that he can settle there and isn't risking being frozen out if things don't work out 6 months in and then he's shipped out on loan to the other side of England. He's got a place here and he knows things could not be set up more perfect. Chris Martin is no idiot, he knows he's got a good thing here, and we've got a good thing in him. It's a perfect match.

When Martin first came on loan, he was bemoaning constant loan spells meaning he couldn't settle and he had his young family miles away from where he was. His kids were growing up essentially 'on the road', a different city and a different club every 3 months. He wanted to earn a deal here so he could settle, buy a house, get his career back on track, and do right by his missus and kids (I think he has two? At least one anyway).We gave him a contract and more importantly a city to settle in. He has repaid us with goals, and lots of them. The deal is simple, you make sure the guy is happy, and he scores you goals.

It's something I admire a lot about him, he seems to know what's important - looking after the family and being settled. Why would he pack his stuff up and start again after what's happened previously? He's happy and settled here, and so is the family. I'm not saying he's staying here for the rest of his career, but he's not going to go anywhere unless he's 100% assured that he can settle there and isn't risking being frozen out if things don't work out 6 months in and then he's shipped out on loan to the other side of England. He's got a place here and he knows things could not be set up more perfect. Chris Martin is no idiot, he knows he's got a good thing here, and we've got a good thing in him. It's a perfect match.

You actually love Chris Martin don't you Tombo.

I think he will stay and score us another 20 goals this season. There is not many strikers that can score 100 goals in 3 seasons. If we did sell I would be asking 25 to 30m. For him anything less I tell to jog on he is not for sale.

I think he will stay and score us another 20 goals this season. There is not many strikers that can score 100 goals in 3 seasons. If we did sell I would be asking 25 to 30m. For him anything less I tell to jog on he is not for sale.

If Martin scores 20 this season he'd still be a long way off 100 goals in 3 seasons, B4

His first season 23 goals last season 21 I think he will 20 this season

I know 44 goals in two season but I do think he will hit about 30 this season

Even if he gets 30 this season he would still be 26 off of 100, but even to get 74 goals in 3 seasons would be a really good achievement.

Archived