Chris Martin

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any bid over 7 million and we should sell i think we have anough now without him , thinks hes great but 7 million is alot of bread

Who would you rather have - Martin or Alongerdongler, because that's how much he cost the gumps.

17 pages on an alleged baseless, rubbish story from HITC... :whistle:

I agree that not everything that comes from HITC is baseless or rubbish.  I quite like your work Bris, or can I call you Alan as that is the name I know you use with HITC.

Obviously your ranking within HITC as Thorough Good means that I can put much more reliance on your articles than say of those who are ranked Thorough OK, Thorough Poor, and Thoroughly Deluded.  There is one guy at HITC who is Thoroughly Ambitious.  In truth though, and let's not share this with the forum, his stuff is just a pile of old tat.

Here come the "bust up" rumours.

A group of 20+ lads in their mid twenties. I bet there's even swearing! 

C'mon, you've seen worse between mates. 

It's silly season. I'm really fed up with all the nonsense now and I'm ready for the football to start.

Nah, that was behind his back. Well snide.

You should hear what the lads at work say about each other. They all get on though. 

Might not have been at Ince. Might have been at Ince for somebody else to see. Ince might have given him some stick before he walked off and Bryson had no comeback. Ince might have been giving him stick all day. It might have been the back end of a bit of a tiff. Who knows. 

But we've all seen worse and called it banter. 

Since when has Martin, indeed any player, guaranteed us 20+ goals a season? He has got 20 goals in each of the last 2 seasons, but has never achieved that previously with any club.  

I think there is so much speculation on this thread, that presumes that PC is going to continue to play the same way -style and formation - as Mac did.    If we are, then keeping Martin, and playing to his evident strengths, is a very good idea. But that style hasn't got us very far in the last 2 seasons in reality, and therefore I do wonder whether PC is proposing a major change.  Personally, I think McCormack is a far better player than Martin, but I would agree neither McCormack or Rhodes are suited for, or could play as well, in the "pivot role" that Martin has played for the last 2 years.

Ok, if Chris Martin plays in the "pivot" role he guarantees us 20+ goals per season plus sublime link up to create many other goals.

If we don't play with a "pivot", then he may not be as succesfull.

Is that better.....

Ok, if Chris Martin plays in the "pivot" role he guarantees us 20+ goals per season plus sublime link up to create many other goals.

If we don't play with a "pivot", then he may not be as succesfull.

Is that better.....

Better, but substitute "will probably get us" for "guarantees us" and I think you and I can then can call it a day.

:thumbsup:

Better, but substitute "will probably get us" for "guarantees us" and I think you and I can then can call it a day.

:thumbsup:

Nah, sorry mate. You're wrong about Chrissy and wrong about Jake. But you're suvvern and an armchair fan so i'll forgive you.

Nah, sorry mate. You're wrong about Chrissy and wrong about Jake. But you're suvvern and an armchair fan so i'll forgive you.

Just for the record, I did have to get out of my armchair once to come south to find civilisation. 

You should hear what the lads at work say about each other. They all get on though. 

Might not have been at Ince. Might have been at Ince for somebody else to see. Ince might have given him some stick before he walked off and Bryson had no comeback. Ince might have been giving him stick all day. It might have been the back end of a bit of a tiff. Who knows. 

But we've all seen worse and called it banter. 

I gave you the finger in another thread the other day when you weren't looking btw

The selling of Martin won't go away, especially as the £7 million hasn't put Swansea or the Toons off........cash plus Michu perhaps?

It has put them off. Just because journalists are still reporting on it doesn't mean it's still there. 

Swansea inquired about Martin, Derby quoted £10m, Swansea went away. Martin is worth that to us, in fact he's probably worth more than that to us, but he's not worth anything like that to them. He's far too linear. He'll be a Derby player come the start of the season unless we sell him cheap, which would in most circumstances be terrible business.

Archived