McClaren and Newcastle...fact

leemark

Wish him all the best, did a great job here and I have no reason to hold a grudge against him, I'm not going to get wound up by anything he says in his press conference, saying things to please the Newcastle fans is what all new managers and signings go through when they join new clubs. Why fans get their knickers in a twist I'll never know. 

Happy to be here Steve? Yeah I guess, wish I was at Derby still tho, didn't want to leave but got the boot as you know. Newcastle came calling, I was unemployed so it works out for both of us.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'd win the Champions League, and the fans collectively would do a Billy Davies play off-final special

"I just wish it could have been Keegan"

Newcastle and Leeds are the main culprits for thinking they need a manager who understands 'how special this club is'

What's funny is they STILL look down their noses at Pardew. 

What's funny is they STILL look down their noses at Pardew. 

Their treatment of him has also turned Pardew from the head butting, fancies himself, creep of English football to a man who's now regularly referred to as 'Pardiola'.

Cabaye's been linked with Palace too, I would love it, love it, if he signed for them.

Their treatment of him has also turned Pardew from the head butting, fancies himself, creep of English football to a man who's now regularly referred to as 'Pardiola'.

Cabaye's been linked with Palace too, I would love it, love it, if he signed for them.

Ha! Pardiola! 

He's one of those managers where you instantly think "buffoon" but is actually doing a really good job now.

We're all sat waiting for him to flop. Don't think anyone really takes him seriously but perhaps we all should? 

Wish him all the best, did a great job here and I have no reason to hold a grudge against him, I'm not going to get wound up by anything he says in his press conference, saying things to please the Newcastle fans is what all new managers and signings go through when they join new clubs. Why fans get their knickers in a twist I'll never know. 

Happy to be here Steve? Yeah I guess, wish I was at Derby still tho, didn't want to leave but got the boot as you know. Newcastle came calling, I was unemployed so it works out for both of us.

Very magnaminous Daveo, and as you say no point getting wound up by the fickleness of ex-managers or players leaving the club, and immediately kissing the badges and Chairman's ass at their new club. We'd all do it, and in football lets be frank club loyalty left the room a good thirty perhaps forty years ago.

Hold a grudge? Afraid I do.  There is no doubt in my mind he agreed verbally to go to Newcastle about 5 months ago. I also think, to be fair, he told Rush and the Board, and I respect him for that as it would give the club the opportunity to consider next steps. Unfortunately, I don't think he played zippo with the players, nor did he, as he should have, given firm denials to all the press to bury the media speculation. All schoolboy errors for a manager of his experience.  As a result he lost the dressing room, and I have no doubt in my mind that Bryson, Buxton, Ward and perhaps Russell became pi$$ed off with him for a) his lack of loyalty, and b) miffed that they were not getting game time because he preferred loanees like Lingard, Ince and Albentosa.

We should of been in the play offs last season, Minimum.  The reason we were not was IMO part injury, and the loss of a controlling CDM particularly, and part a dispirited group of players.  He failed to deal with the former even though he had a loan window option during March, and there was no going back after "losing" some of his key players - the coffee had been spilt.

IMO he also had a last minute wobble - when he had the chance to join the Mags for the last 3 games of the season he bottled it, as he thought I don't want to be in charge of the club if they go down, and if they do go down am I not better off at Derby rather than working for the Ashley buck.  Fortunately Morris and the Board thought hang about here, are you the right guy for us, and decided not.  

I am grateful he took us forward, and I think he has left us in a better position than when he joined.  However, I do not mourn his parting and in truth I find it difficult to wish him good luck.

One word.... And the whole of Derby fans social media goes into meltdown.

Well played Mac... Superb trolling

Overall I really enjoyed his most recent spell at the club, the last few weeks aside naturally and I genuinely wish him all the best for the future.

Can't help feeling he'll need a large slice of good fortune from the off to keep the fans onside.

Well I'd like to go on record as hoping it goes t1ts up for McClaren big time.

Yeah he rekindled my belief that going one down wasn't game over, we played some nice stuff at times but (to me) it has been proved all his talk of "I've always looked out for their results wherever I've been" and "This is a 3 year project" was a load of old toot, as soon as somebody came sniffing about instead of telling his agent to inform Newcastle nothing doing, he was telling him "See what they're offering" 

Nothing wrong with quitting your job to better yourself, but have a bit of dignity and honesty while your doing it. Luckily Mel got the measure of him and sent him packing.

Superb trolling my arse.

Has it been reported the actual amount of compo he received? It's a very sly move in my opinion if he took the full amount. He knew full well that job was his, if Newcastle were safe with X amount of games left he'd of been straight there. Hes made Derby a far more attractive club for which I'm thankful but the whole situation is a shady one, best of luck to him and his 6 months up north! 

What?.....he's gone to Newcastle?.........Never! I don't believe it, all the clever posters on here kept telling us it was just cheap  media nonsense and he was going nowhere (well they got that bit right!) and a couple of posters were betting big wads of cash going to charity if we didn't make top six, I wonder if the cash has gone to the tufty club?

I would just love it, love it if Tufty is chased out of town, within 5 months with them all waving a blow up bottle of brown, with every staff member of Sports Direct waving a black & white brolly, on the wettest day of the year, and for him to be nearly as successful as Billy Davies has been lately and then for Grimsby Town to tell him, no thanks.

What?.....he's gone to Newcastle?.........Never! I don't believe it, all the clever posters on here kept telling us it was just cheap  media nonsense and he was going nowhere (well they got that bit right!) and a couple of posters were betting big wads of cash going to charity if we didn't make top six, I wonder if the cash has gone to the tufty club?

I would just love it, love it if Tufty is chased out of town, within 5 months with them all waving a blow up bottle of brown, with every staff member of Sports Direct waving a black & white brolly, on the wettest day of the year, and for him to be nearly as successful as Billy Davies has been lately and then for Grimsby Town to tell him, no thanks.

A bit harsh Inverurie - although not the dig at Eddie and Mostyn -  but very, very funny.  You do know he has always loved Grimsby don't you, and he has a 3 year plan for them in his briefcase.

A bit harsh Inverurie - although not the dig at Eddie and Mostyn -  but very, very funny.  You do know he has always loved Grimsby don't you, and he has a 3 year plan for them in his briefcase.

Not a dig at Eddie and Mostyn. We should never jump to conclusions or drop our solutions in the Tyne, coz the fog on the Tyne isn't mine all mine!

Archived