McClaren and Newcastle...fact

leemark

PistoldPete2

Is mcClaren the new Joe Kinnear? Not Only a Forest reject but also a Derby reject , yet he fetches up at Newcastle. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McClaren interview on Sky.

"...........and then obviously the well documented one of January just gone where again the timing wasn't right, I had a job to do at Derby, we were on course doing that, I'd only been there just over a year and I felt at the time it wasn't right, we were top of the league, we were going to achieve what we wanted to achieve, get into the premier league and the job I wanted to finish, so it wasn't a case of turning Newcastle down at all it was a case of staying loyal to Derby and that's what I wanted to do"

I may be in a minority of one but I wish McClaren well.

PistoldPete2

McClaren interview on Sky.

"...........and then obviously the well documented one of January just gone where again the timing wasn't right, I had a job to do at Derby, we were on course doing that, I'd only been there just over a year and I felt at the time it wasn't right, we were top of the league, we were going to achieve what we wanted to achieve, get into the premier league and the job I wanted to finish, so it wasn't a case of turning Newcastle down at all it was a case of staying loyal to Derby and that's what I wanted to do"

I may be in a minority of one but I wish McClaren well.

I don't. 

Hold a grudge? Afraid I do.  There is no doubt in my mind he agreed verbally to go to Newcastle about 5 months ago.

So you're holding a grudge on something you "think", sounds fair

I also think, to be fair, he told Rush and the Board,

Again you think, don't know, so far your grudge is based on things that went on behind closed doors that you have no idea and just going on gut feeling. 

Unfortunately, I don't think he played zippo with the players, nor did he, as he should have, given firm denials to all the press to bury the media speculation. All schoolboy errors for a manager of his experience.

McClaren said on several occasions he was staying, he had a job here to do and in the end was sacked. No schoolboy errors, just a bunch of fans that got their knickers in a twist who also looked to twist his words.

As a result he lost the dressing room,

Did he? is this another "I think' or have you got proof of this?

and I have no doubt in my mind that Bryson, Buxton, Ward and perhaps Russell became pi$$ed off with him for a) his lack of loyalty, and b) miffed that they were not getting game time because he preferred loanees like Lingard, Ince and Albentosa.

Have you spoke to Bryson, Buxton and Ward and this is what they told you? they were pissed off at his lack of loyalty? Too right they should be miffed at not playing, I want a squad of players that all think they should be started, not players sat around happy to collect a wage and piss off home. 

We should of been in the play offs last season, Minimum.  The reason we were not was IMO part injury, and the loss of a controlling CDM particularly, and part a dispirited group of players.

Finally something we agree on until again injuries, and maybe the players were dispirited not due to the Newcastle speculation but us losing games, playing in a team that just wasn't working and the manager not coming up with anything to change it.

Everybody loves to go behind the scenes, lost the dressing room, players didn't like him, they offer no evidence of this but one thing we do know is when a club only has one way of playing and loses all players from 2 key positions they would struggle. 

He failed to deal with the former even though he had a loan window option during March, and there was no going back after "losing" some of his key players - the coffee had been spilt.

I agree to a certain extent, we didn't replace the players, but we also have to think could the club afford it? we was rocking a pretty big squad already, and was their players out there available? did McClaren try and was unsuccessful? 

IMO he also had a last minute wobble - when he had the chance to join the Mags for the last 3 games of the season he bottled it, as he thought I don't want to be in charge of the club if they go down, and if they do go down am I not better off at Derby rather than working for the Ashley buck.

Think we've covered the "I think" stuff.

Fortunately Morris and the Board thought hang about here, are you the right guy for us, and decided not.  

When we hear that Clement has been given the target of top 6 minimum could it be simply a failure to reach the play offs for his downfall? Why not let him go, cash in on the £2m compensation and move on? Did the club think we want to send out a mission, we're ambitious and the play offs is a minimum at this club?....I'm guessing now like you, it's contagious! 

I am grateful he took us forward, and I think he has left us in a better position than when he joined.  However, I do not mourn his parting and in truth I find it difficult to wish him good luck.

​Same here, I'm not mourning although I see no harm in wishing him luck for the future, he gave us the best football we have seen since Jim Smith, the day at Wembley that we didn't deserve to lose on the day. I will look back on a manager that did well for us although ended with a shocking 2 and half months where he failed ultimately to reach our targets due to his lack of ability to find another winning team with the hand he was dealt. That's football I'm afraid.

So you're holding a grudge on something you "think", sounds fair

Again you think, don't know, so far your grudge is based on things that went on behind closed doors that you have no idea and just going on gut feeling. 

McClaren said on several occasions he was staying, he had a job here to do and in the end was sacked. No schoolboy errors, just a bunch of fans that got their knickers in a twist who also looked to twist his words.

Did he? is this another "I think' or have you got proof of this?

Have you spoke to Bryson, Buxton and Ward and this is what they told you? they were pissed off at his lack of loyalty? Too right they should be miffed at not playing, I want a squad of players that all think they should be started, not players sat around happy to collect a wage and piss off home. 

Finally something we agree on until again injuries, and maybe the players were dispirited not due to the Newcastle speculation but us losing games, playing in a team that just wasn't working and the manager not coming up with anything to change it.

Everybody loves to go behind the scenes, lost the dressing room, players didn't like him, they offer no evidence of this but one thing we do know is when a club only has one way of playing and loses all players from 2 key positions they would struggle. 

I agree to a certain extent, we didn't replace the players, but we also have to think could the club afford it? we was rocking a pretty big squad already, and was their players out there available? did McClaren try and was unsuccessful? 

Think we've covered the "I think" stuff.

When we hear that Clement has been given the target of top 6 minimum could it be simply a failure to reach the play offs for his downfall? Why not let him go, cash in on the £2m compensation and move on? Did the club think we want to send out a mission, we're ambitious and the play offs is a minimum at this club?....I'm guessing now like you, it's contagious! 

​Same here, I'm not mourning although I see no harm in wishing him luck for the future, he gave us the best football we have seen since Jim Smith, the day at Wembley that we didn't deserve to lose on the day. I will look back on a manager that did well for us although ended with a shocking 2 and half months where he failed ultimately to reach our targets due to his lack of ability to find another winning team with the hand he was dealt. That's football I'm afraid.

I THINK to do some editing and quoting like this that you can't be using an iPad to post on this forum.

I THINK to do some editing and quoting like this that you can't be using an iPad to post on this forum.

​I think you maybe right but it is possible ;)

By the way, not knocking your right to an opinion, after all it's what we're all here to do. Just I find the whole have a grudge based on what we think has gone on behind closed doors is daft. You may be right, nail hit on head in everything you say, but you may also be talking twoddle and holding on to that grudge. 

Wish the man some luck, it won't hurt you, we all know you're a little pussy cat anyway

​I think you maybe right but it is possible ;)

By the way, not knocking your right to an opinion, after all it's what we're all here to do. Just I find the whole have a grudge based on what we think has gone on behind closed doors is daft. You may be right, nail hit on head in everything you say, but you may also be talking twoddle and holding on to that grudge. 

Wish the man some luck, it won't hurt you, we all know you're a little pussy cat anyway

All of us should readily acknowledge that life is too short to worry about such trivial things. Begrudgingly, and only begrudgingly, I hereby wish Mr MacLaren the best for the future.

Sky Sports - Newcastle become only Club in Premier League to have Head Coach on Board of Directors

SM gets 3 year contract with a further 5 year option

Sounds a bit like SM may stay a long time and then remain a Board Member.

Rather odd that Ashley goes off the Board and SM takes his seat. He must think that to some degree, SM is the long term future of NUFC. A long term safe pair of hands. Pardew was given an 8 year contract.

Very true, but his arrival coincided with me enjoying games again, rather than enduring.

If your wife or girlfriend flirted with someone else how would you feel at the end of the day. 

Even if you enjoyed your relationship but it was going sour towards the end. 

Would you get rid or stay with them .

Or would you start again and find someone better and more faithful 

If your wife or girlfriend flirted with someone else how would you feel at the end of the day. 

Even if you enjoyed your relationship but it was going sour towards the end. 

Would you get rid or stay with them .

I'd beg them to stay, but I'm just pathetically needy.

In reality, I wouldn't mind, one in the bank for future use.

Archived