Johnny Russell

DCFC1388

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my view , Russell ain't good enough. He falls into the Tito Villa category of being popular with the fans because he works hard, even though the end result usually isn't there

Bit harsh, his form up to Christmas was very good, 8 goals and 8 assists shows he clearly has end product. Shame injuries/being played out of position in a low on confidence team didn't see the same return in the second half of the season. 

All wingers at this level do.

thing is some do more than others... Think Ince is the prime example.

On another note.... That's two little snippets of clubs looking at Russell... Wonder if he's either:

a) wanting to move on as unhappy

b) agent touting him about

c) looking for a better contract/pay rise....

not ITK but must be b

thing is some do more than others... Think Ince is the prime example.

On another note.... That's two little snippets of clubs looking at Russell... Wonder if he's either:

a) wanting to move on as unhappy

b) agent touting him about

c) looking for a better contract/pay rise....

not ITK but must be b

He is in his last year isn't he? I would guess his agent is trying to get him a new contract "this club and that club are interested, don't want to lose him for nothing" will probably be the line fed.

He is in his last year isn't he? I would guess his agent is trying to get him a new contract "this club and that club are interested, don't want to lose him for nothing" will probably be the line fed.

If we go up I reckon he will get sold to one of the relegated teams for another season in the Championship, Far to early to think about that though, It all depends what kind of season he has! 

We arw still talking about the same johnny russell? We didn't sign a kak one sometime I wasn't paying attention?

This is the same guy who was by far our best player at the start if the season and who was described my smacca as the catalyst of our side...

Excellent for a few months, meh for the rest of the time. I wouldn't actively look to sell him but I'd let him go if we got a good offer. 

Oh, and he's no Tito Villa. Tito was the saviour.

Bloody sarcasm detector's not working properly. Must have got clogged up with too many headless chickens.

Excellent for a few months, meh for the rest of the time. I wouldn't actively look to sell him but I'd let him go if we got a good offer. 

I think this a fair and valid assessment. 

I have seen a number of references over recent days to his fantastic performance against Chelsea.  I can't say it springs to mind with me, in either of our 2 last cup games against the Cockney Scum. My overriding memory of the two games is a) we lost, and b) watching McClaren act like a dippy school girl in the presence of Mourinho.

Russell's just one of those players who as a fan I can't help but love. Although he hasn't been overly amazing here, I still think he's a fantastic player and a fantastic asset.

He's right up there on the list of players I'd want to see leave the least.

Archived