Johnny Russell

DCFC1388

Would be no big loss.  Especially if we get Ince or Weimann or Atsu or Jarvis instead - all 4 much better players.  

I never really have understood the hype with Russell in truth, and my instincts are that if he is not guaranteed regular games on the right hand side of the field next season he will want to go somewhere else anyway to kiss the badge and poke his tongue out at the fans.

Atsu has joined Bournemouth on a season long loan so no chance of that one happening

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He needs to hit the ground running this year.

Poor for a large portion of last year, blinded by fan favouritism.

Lost the ball so often and very lazy getting it back. Looks overweight.

​This is a joke right?

Russell is the hardest working player on the team without a shadow of a doubt. He always tracks back to cover his man and chases back when he loses the ball.

His hardwork was overshadowed after Ince came in because Ince did the same but had a better end product.

We'd be silly to sell Russell at this stage, he's a great player in the Championship and on his day looks capable of playing in the Prem ie. vs Chelsea last season.

PistoldPete2

Johnny Russell out, Giles Barnes in.....case for a season ticket refund right there!

Work rate would reduce by 100% if that swap was made. 

PistoldPete2

He needs to hit the ground running this year.

Poor for a large portion of last year, blinded by fan favouritism.

Lost the ball so often and very lazy getting it back. Looks overweight.

If Johnny russell is overweight then I am morbidly obese. And if he is lazy then I am permanently comatose. 

One of the hardest working players in the team (along with Bryson), Will we definately miss him tracking back if he goes! 

Sheepdogs are also hardworking

I'm a big Russell fan but he needs to buck his ideas up. He has to get more involved in games by demanding the ball and using it effectively. Too often he drifts out of games - he is also a very poor marker when called upon to do so.

would rather keep him, but as long as a quality replacement was brought in I'd be OK. I like him a lot, top championship player and wouldn't be on my list to shift out by any stretch, but nothing is forever in football. Possibly I'd keep him over ince and spend the budget on a different area.......CDM perhaps?

Archived