SIGNED: Andreas Weimann

Ambitious

Andreas Weimann signing prediction  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

​What are you on about? Hughes would make a great left midfield

Hughes - Thorne - Bryson - Hendrick

Promoted in no time

​It's Bryson on the left you prat. Everyone knows that. Bryson on the left and Hughes on the right.

Hughes actually started his career in right midfield as a matter of fact. I just think about all those development years wasted on the wing...

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His goalscoring record is pretty poor but the thing is he's lauded for his finishing. Thing is, people are idiots, but not to that degree. There must be something about him that people have seen that's waiting to burst out. There must be some reason that people all say his finishing is great.

I look at him and think that in the next 3 years he's either going to flop and head back to Austria (or wherever he came from :ph34r:) or he's going to have his breakthrough season and hit 20 goals. So I trust the club on this.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/comment-aston-villa-striker-andreas-9381743

Someone from the Birmingham mail has the same thinking as yourself worth a read.

I was pretty happy being linked with Wiemann to say the least but i then noticed his goal scoring record looks pretty poor.. Concerning?

​he was playing for villa under lamberts, everyone in their team had a poor scoring record, their main aim was to go back towards their goal rather than towards the opponents, benteke had a **** scoring record under him yet hes still being lauded with a 30million quid move to liverpool

​he was playing for villa under lamberts, everyone in their team had a poor scoring record, their main aim was to go back towards their goal rather than towards the opponents, benteke had a **** scoring record under him yet hes still being lauded with a 30million quid move to liverpool

​Yeh that's what I keep thinking... He was primarily playing in a team which scored once every 3 games... Is it any shock he didn't score many?

Got 15 over last 3 seasons vs Agbonlahor's 19... And that's from wide right vs more central striker surely?

Including sub appearances, it's 8 goals in 2019 minutes (22.4 games)

​sub appearances could mean he came on for a winger, though. It's hard to say.

It does seem as though he is an out and out striker. He's piss poor in the air, though.

How much would his wages be we think? Just curious.

​I'd look towards the 20k bracket. 

It looks as thought Bent may have had a work regarding this transfer, if you look at this: http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2612067,00.html

Darren Bent believes Andreas Weimann could play a big part in the season run-in, hailing the young striker "one of the best natural finishers I have seen for a long, long time."

Bent trains with Weimann every day as the pair sharpen their skills at Bodymoor Heath.

In fact, Bent often stays behind with Weimann to offer the Austrian ace advice and practice penalties.

Villa's record-signing has been thoroughly impressed with what he's seen and thinks Weimann has a big, big future ahead of him.

He said: "Andy is one of the best natural finishers I have seen for a long, long time.

"When he's in training he just never seems to miss the target. He's always on the scoresheet.

"He has all the attributes to be a top, top striker.

"He reminds me quite a lot of Dean Ashton. He was one hell of a finisher before he unfortunately had to retire and so is Andy.

"He has all the credentials and I am tipping him to be a top, top player.

"These are the kind of guys you want to see succeed. They work so hard and they have that hunger to make it and succeed.

"It's great training with the young lads and I like giving them advice too, anything that might help them."

​I'd look towards the 20k bracket. 

It looks as thought Bent may have had a work regarding this transfer, if you look at this: http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2612067,00.html

​Bent's not listed anywhere on the AV squad... he's not out of contract yet, is he? 

I even looked in the ladies. There's one who sort of resembles him but it's definitely a she.

According to whoscored, he's scored 7 goals in minutes worth just over 16 games when played up front in the Premier League. 

That's very impressive, wouldn't you agree?

Do you follow that geezer on twitter too?  He posts some good stuff, perhaps you should pay attention to his writing style if you're serious about this journalism stuff. 

SDSR said no bid about 2 days ago so it can't be that close

​I said earlier though... the BBC very rarely commit to a specific article about a story from a championship (or below) club unless it's fairly reliable... I think it'll happen...

Archived