Clement confirmed on 3yr deal

Cardifframs

Its alright being No2 where the players are mostly world class,​ it will certainly be different in the Championship for Mr Clement, there is so much hype attached to him ......let us see if he can cope first..........

​The man's gone from PE teacher to assistant at Real Madrid so I'm sure somewhere in there will be the know how :) back room team with be important though like others have said. cmon you rams:) 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice day to be at home on an Inverurie Bank Holiday. Paul Clement is the top man for this top job and will love every second, taking us all to the places we've been dreaming about for years, and all we have to do as fans is to enjoy every second and get behind our beloved Derby County Football Club.

Time for a celebratory glass of orange, some chocolate m&m's, and then enjoy probably getting beat at a game of Star Wars Episode 1 Monopoly, by my 5 year old boy.

Up The Rams.

Would that be the the same kit man Arsene Wenger would like to succed him at Arsenal ?

​It was pointed out to me the other day that there's no real reason to believe this to be true. There's literally one story about it which appeared last year, and there's no quote from Wenger, Clement, Arsenal, or anyone.

Quite incredible that this lazy bit of journalism has become accepted fact.

Love that it's got right up florists noses. If they had landed a coach of his calibre we d never hear the last of it. They're all over Twitter calling him the kit man or he just put the cones out at Madrid training sessions. They're trying for a bite it's brilliant to spectate

Nice day to be at home on an Inverurie Bank Holiday. Paul Clement is the top man for this top job and will love every second, taking us all to the places we've been dreaming about for years, and all we have to do as fans is to enjoy every second and get behind our beloved Derby County Football Club.

Time for a celebratory glass of orange, some chocolate m&m's, and then enjoy probably getting beat at a game of Star Wars Episode 1 Monopoly, by my 5 year old boy.

Up The Rams.

​I've been dreaming about going back to Preston since I left 20 years ago.

Thanks Paul.  Glad you could make it

I was skeptical about the sacking of Steve, or at least the wheels of motion that lead to his sacking, but Clement is a brave and inspired choice. Rush clearly listens to the right man on here :)

It may be brave, but I fear foolhardy.

Admittedly he has coached at the highest level but what evidence do we have of his managerial capabilities. Absolutely none!

The role of “coach” and “manager” are far removed in true football terms.

From my experience a coach can work from a text book and delivery the instruction in line with the majority of other, I’m sure excellent coaches, after they have gained their prescribed UEFA badge. It’s production line in sense.

Management, an entirely different matter. You need vision, pragmatism, man management nuance, an ability to engender team spirit and most importantly an eye for a player, and certainly not one that is selected for you. You will find none this in a text book or covered under a UEFA coaching badge.

So why then have we gambled and not employed a proven manager? Sorry but we are a big enough club and do not need this uncertainty.

Didn’t we learn anything from the previous coach, well respected in this field, but as we saw, couldn’t manage.

Hopefully my fears prove unfounded.

Good enjoy Preston!

Paul Clement Fact File.

​Nice, so the forest fans clutching at straws to insult Clement with the Blackburn jibe obviously don't know he was only there for two months. 

I'd agree with much of Pearson's post, but there are several clubs in our division that have taken rather expensive journeys down the experienced managers route and got absolutely nowhere.A lot of football is a gamble.

It may be brave, but I fear foolhardy.

Admittedly he has coached at the highest level but what evidence do we have of his managerial capabilities. Absolutely none!

The role of “coach” and “manager” are far removed in true football terms.

From my experience a coach can work from a text book and delivery the instruction in line with the majority of other, I’m sure excellent coaches, after they have gained their prescribed UEFA badge. It’s production line in sense.

Management, an entirely different matter. You need vision, pragmatism, man management nuance, an ability to engender team spirit and most importantly an eye for a player, and certainly not one that is selected for you. You will find none this in a text book or covered under a UEFA coaching badge.

So why then have we gambled and not employed a proven manager? Sorry but we are a big enough club and do not need this uncertainty.

Didn’t we learn anything from the previous coach, well respected in this field, but as we saw, couldn’t manage.

Hopefully my fears prove unfounded.

​Interesting point. However, I can't help but think of anyone that could go from a non-footballing background to Real Madrid's assistant manager reciting a textbook.

If you think of the logistics of how Clement has got where he is then it should put your mind at ease.

I guess it's where you want to draw the line. Clough has had years of experience in management, but would you have him over Clement? Experience AT THIS LEVEL is utterly pointless. If you're experienced at this level then you're doing it wrong IMO. 

It's all opinion and you could be both right or wrong based on how it all falls out in the wash. 

​Interesting point. However, I can't help but think of anyone that could go from a non-footballing background to Real Madrid's assistant manager reciting a textbook.

If you think of the logistics of how Clement has got where he is then it should put your mind at ease.

I guess it's where you want to draw the line. Clough has had years of experience in management, but would you have him over Clement? Experience AT THIS LEVEL is utterly pointless. If you're experienced at this level then you're doing it wrong IMO. 

It's all opinion and you could be both right or wrong based on how it all falls out in the wash. 

​You also need to look at the jobs which he has been linked with in the past.  Solid Premiership sides have expressed a keen interest, and you could argue that hammers home his potential.   

Archived