McClaren Gone

Cam the Ram

Was sacking McClaren the right decision?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​People on this forum still don't learn. I correctly predicted Mac going as well as Mascarell and Warnock coming here. On all occasions people said what you are saying now

Mascarell was from the Spanish journalist, Warnock was from the Yorkshire journalist. Repeating well known rumours isn't being ITK.  

Thank F for that!

He didnt have a clue what to do when things werent going right, although he promoted one of the healthiest and happiest atmospheres for the players to play under that I have ever seen.

Very poor decision, very badly handled. If the board wanted McClaren out (then they're fools) they should have got money for him. Instead of receiving £2m for his services, we'll have to give it him to pay the best coach in the division off. That's an enormous £4m chunk out of the transfer budget in the era of financial fair play.

Also, a lot of clubs are now looking for new managers. If the board wanted Clements, we'd better hope the ink dried on that particular contract a few days ago or else he'll be in much demand and is likely to go elsewhere. Then we may ultimately be left promoting Simmo from within, which would be farcical.

I have always said, if we're ever going to be as successful as I want us to be, we will have to put up with our manager and players continually being speculated about in the media.It comes with the territory. Lack of understanding of that by fans and local media has ended up contributing to this sorry situation. The only lot that should be happy about it tonight, are the gumps down the road.

​I have no inside knowledge, but my guess is that the relative speed this happened -- given how complicated it could have been -- the club found a compromise they could live with.

Maybe a sliding compensation rule... if Mac gets another job in a certain amount of time, the compensation is reduced. 

Mascarell was from the Spanish journalist, Warnock was from the Yorkshire journalist. Repeating well known rumours isn't being ITK.  

​Yes correct but I said that they were 100% coming here. I remember a user saying "who is mascarell" and "he would never leave madrid." Meanwhile with warnock someone said "we will never sign a leeds scum player."

I'm convinced there is more to it than just the Newcastle United rumours. How many players publically came out and backed him towards the end? How many players looked like they were enjoying their football in the last two months.

Bryson, Ward, Forsyth, Hendrick and Russell among others certainly didn't.

You only have to look around other clubs to see players publically back under-pressure bosses - whether in interviews or on social media. Leicester City players got right behind Nigel Pearson for instance.

I just didn't see anything from our lot. It's as if the players wanted a change, and when that happens there is no going back.

Keeping McClaren would have costed us load this season, as we would have had to buy a host of new players to replace those not satisfied under his tenure.

McClaren was fantastic in his first season, and very good for 2/3 of the following season. It's a shame how it all worked out, but it's for the best IMO. 

I for one am excited to see who we bring in. We're in a fantstic position, and should be such an attractive proposition for a number of managers both in the UK and abroad.

​People on this forum still don't learn. I correctly predicted Mac going as well as Mascarell and Warnock coming here. On all occasions people said what you are saying now

​You also predicted Warbuton to be our new manager so there's no point me betting on Clement right? 

I can reveal that the new manager will eventually leave. ITK.

The like button is in the bottom right corner. Thanks.

Give over talking ********, the 1st post on here about Omar was 6 days before you even joined!

Archived