McClaren Gone

Cam the Ram

Was sacking McClaren the right decision?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

​You're still doing it. 

​OK, I'll tell you what being me is all about - and if you think that it is an example of 'begging for likes', it merely demonstrates just how shallow a person you are. Your problem, not mine - deal with it, although I very much doubt that you will be able to until you grow up a little.

1. I don't listen to gossip, because it is counter-productive.

2. I don't pass gossip on because by and large it is divisive.

3. I support Derby County

4. I always support the manager of Derby County right the way through to the bitter end, and then I move on as soon as the new man is appointed - no regrets, no recriminations. That was the same when Brian Clough left - there were a lot of people who refused to accept Dave Mackay at first - and it is exactly the same 26 (including caretakers and duplicate appointments) managers later.

5. I am happy to concede when I am wrong and give credit where credit is due - if I am satisfied that the recipient is gracious enough to accept that concession in the good faith it is offered.

At the moment, I don't think there is a cat in hell's chance that you will ever satisfy the terms and conditions of point 5.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Yes correct but I said that they were 100% coming here. I remember a user saying "who is mascarell" and "he would never leave madrid." Meanwhile with warnock someone said "we will never sign a leeds scum player."

So you agreed with two journalists and now you're Nostradamus? Once again, you're embarrassing yourself.

​So you can't face the fact that i was right?

​Mate; what is it with trying to show you are ITK? I don't know if you really are ITK or if you're not. But frankly, I don't care.  Right now we have more important things to concentrate on than boosting your ego by telling you you were ITK.  Nobody cares if you are or aren't.  What we care about is who the next manager is.  

There might well have been good reasons for sacking SM, I don’t know. Equally, there were good reasons not to sack him. I still have no idea what the compelling reason is behind this decision.

This is a bizarre one and I hope the club provide their rationale sometime soon.

​Mate; what is it with trying to show you are ITK? I don't know if you really are ITK or if you're not. But frankly, I don't care.  Right now we have more important things to concentrate on than boosting your ego by telling you you were ITK.  Nobody cares if you are or aren't.  What we care about is who the next manager is.  

​I'm not boosting my ego at all. I'm trying to say that people were wrong to doubt me

In a statement he said: “I’m very disappointed with the decision, especially as I have on three occasions reiterated my commitment to Derby County.
“The club means a huge amount to me, and I was not looking to leave. While we were all unhappy with the way the season ended, I still believe real progress was being made.
“I do not believe or accept that rumours linking me to the Newcastle United job were a factor in the team’s performances this year, as had been alleged.
“I wanted to remain with the club and was confident in leading the side to a successful season next year. However, I have to accept the club’s owner,Mel Morris, wants to take a new direction.

from sky sports website

​I'm not boosting my ego at all. I'm trying to say that people were wrong to doubt me

​Mate. Today is not about you.  Save the conversation about whether you were or were not ITK for another day. Let us analyse McClaren going and speculate on who is to come in.  OR even better, join in that discussion. 

*Sigh*

You were the chosen one Steve. It was said that you would get us playing against the likes of West Ham and Newcastle, not (try to) join them! You were supposed to bring balance to the side, not leave in 8th!

Im very disappointed in this decision , Macca would of got us up next season with some fine tuning . I know the Newcastle rumours were disrupting but he was still here and wanted to stay from what i've read in the media. The new manager or coach i will back , but the pressure now ..........

Archived