McClaren Gone

Cam the Ram

Was sacking McClaren the right decision?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are all the people now who for months called me nothing but a WUM now? I told you months ago he was going but no-one believed me

​Mate, you said he was going to leave for Newcastle and that he was going to resign as he "felt he couldn't get any more out of this team", well he didn't go to Newcastle and didn't resign, he was sacked. 

​Good post, and my thoughts. All got a bit too weird at the start of the year.

Wish him well and hope he goes on to another club (with a wedge of our cash in his pocket!).

​Every interview where Newcastle was mentioned he just wouldn't rule it out. Other links he has, you could tell there was something in it.

The amount of talk regarding Newcastle on this board was proof that nobody knew what he was going to do, including the man himself.

The important thing from the moment he was asked to leave was to get him gone. He couldn't stay after that, his position was untenable. I'm glad he's gone in the sense that we wouldn't have moved past this and he had to go due to what has happened recently.

I'm sad he's gone because watching Derby County Football Club under his stewardship has brought more pleasure than watching them than under any other manager, regardless of successes. It's testament to just how well he's done here, the fact that people were demanding for him gone because we finished EIGTH. I used to get giddy under Clough when I could see us on the table without having to wait for the bottom half of it to show.

Good luck Steve, we move on. Both hopefully on to further success. 

I don't see this as a harsh decision at all.

Messed up monumentally to take us from 1st to 8th in just 2 months. That's an absolute car crash with the squad we have, regardless of injuries.

Not to mention his hesistance to commit and his discerning lack of loyalty. No matter how you want to interpret it, the man was keeping his options open at all times, despite having a very important job to finish here (which, again, he failed at).

Also, the amount of pundits and other football 'experts' who are surprised that he's left clearly don't follow football as clearly as they maybe should, considering it's their full time jobs now.

Michael 'I'm the most boring commentator in the world' Owen can't believe he's gone. Really?

I don't see this as a harsh decision at all.

Messed up monumentally to take us from 1st to 8th in just 2 months. That's an absolute car crash with the squad we have, regardless of injuries.

Not to mention his hesistance to commit and his discerning lack of loyalty. No matter how you want to interpret it, the man was keeping his options open at all times, despite having a very important job to finish here (which, again, he failed at).

​Not exactly regardless of injuries but anyways... Most seem on board with the second point 

​Every interview where Newcastle was mentioned he just wouldn't rule it out. Other links he has, you could tell there was something in it.

The amount of talk regarding Newcastle on this board was proof that nobody knew what he was going to do, including the man himself.

The important thing from the moment he was asked to leave was to get him gone. He couldn't stay after that, his position was untenable. I'm glad he's gone in the sense that we wouldn't have moved past this and he had to go due to what has happened recently.

I'm sad he's gone because watching Derby County Football Club under his stewardship has brought more pleasure than watching them than under any other manager, regardless of successes. It's testament to just how well he's done here, the fact that people were demanding for him gone because we finished EIGTH. I used to get giddy under Clough when I could see us on the table without having to wait for the bottom half of it to show.

Good luck Steve, we move on. Both hopefully on to further success. 

This for me, good post Kernow

Also, the amount of pundits and other football 'experts' who are surprised that he's left clearly don't follow football as clearly as they maybe should, considering it's their full time jobs now.

Michael 'I'm the most boring commentator in the world' Owen can't believe he's gone. Really?

​Quick soundbite before he hits the treatment room.

​Mate, you said he was going to leave for Newcastle and that he was going to resign as he "felt he couldn't get any more out of this team", well he didn't go to Newcastle and didn't resign, he was sacked. 

​He was only sacked because the original plan was for him to resign but still get paid but our board refused to pay him. His legal team told him not to leave without getting a payment but our board had enough waiting for him to resign so sacked him. As a result they are likely to pay him,despite not planning to give him anything originally, so we can quickly get in a replacement and not disrupt the start of next season. In hindsight the board should have given him the money straight away at the start.

SSN saying it was an amicable departure quite gutted really hope he does well wherever he ends up. This shows how big a part media play in football these days, if only he came out sounding assured he was staying months ago. I feel the players let him down massively also a few rumours isn't a good enough excuse for some of the defensive performances we saw. Anyway all the best Schteve.

From the way Sky Sports have just spoken, it doesn't sound like we have a replacement lined up as quickly as we all would of liked, they just claimed we have had contact with Clement in the past. Hopefully more has been going on behind the scenes though and we haven't just sacked him with nobody even close to being lined up! 

Fresh start begins now!

Archived