McClaren Gone

Cam the Ram

Was sacking McClaren the right decision?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got mixed feeling about this, he dispelled my belief that going one down was game over which was usually the case prior to him joining us, he instilled a swagger and almost cockiness about us I liked initially but ultimately (for me) he wasn't happy with his lot and was tempted by the fruit of another at the first opportunity, well, Stevie boy, you don't **** with Derby County and not pay the price, yeah you're good, but you ain't that good.

​I can feel a song coming on.

Seriously tho' - I don't feel as bad as I did when we sacked Clough, maybe that was because we'd just lost to the dogs and it was more 'personal'  but, these last two or so months, seriously, something happened, something major.  Sad times, but we all knew it was coming.

Another chapter starts......

One thing to say about Sam Rush, he has some awfully big gonads.

He certainly takes no ****. Clough out in a flash and McClaren in was a big call. Despite not getting promoted under McClaren the club, the squad, the stature has all increased enormously. Now chopping Mac to potentially bring someone in with no experience of being the main man is a massive call.

If it goes tits up then Rush will be on his ****and there will be no mercy from the Derby fans.

If this works and this time next year we're a PL club then move over Brian we'll need to add another statue on your podium my friend.

I wonder what Sam makes of all this? His decision to bring in Steve and his Team overturned so quickly without the chance to give it time.  I doubt it's his decision.

Not saying it's right or wrong but the dynamics within the decision making system seem to have changed pretty quickly.

I take this is a sacking ie not by mutual consent? Ie no compo agreed? 

​The fact they're saying sacking means probably some compensation. Mutual consent would be what it would be if he agreed to resign.

Namechecking Mel Morris there to get a personal dig in just before he leaves...

Why not? It is his style after all. Like when he was asked whether it had affected the players at the Q and A, his response was to be derogatory about our whole squad, what was it, half don't like him, some don't care who's in charge and the ones who do support him will be waiting with an apple for the next boss. So they're either selfish, complacent or brown noses. Nice one Steve, just keep shifting the blame and taking no responsibility for your own failings. Glad he's gone.

​I can feel a song coming on.

Seriously tho' - I don't feel as bad as I did when we sacked Clough, maybe that was because we'd just lost to the dogs and it was more 'personal'  but, these last two or so months, seriously, something happened, something major.  Sad times, but we all knew it was coming.

Another chapter starts......

​I was going to post the Squeeze video, nice song that by the way, and yeah, as you post, another chapter starts. 

This is what happens when you put a Derby fan in charge of key decisions. I told you I didn't like him, and I was right. #ITK

​I agree, this is what happens when you put a Derby fan in charge of key decisions. I told you I liked him, and I was right.

I wonder what Sam makes of all this? His decision to bring in Steve and his Team overturned so quickly without the chance to give it time.  I doubt it's his decision.

Not saying it's right or wrong but the dynamics within the decision making system seem to have changed pretty quickly.

​No statement or rationale from the club yet as far as I know - and it will be interesting to see who eventually takes the questions from the press.

Why not? It is his style after all. Like when he was asked whether it had affected the players at the Q and A, his response was to be derogatory about our whole squad, what was it, half don't like him, some don't care who's in charge and the ones who do support him will be waiting with an apple for the next boss. So they're either selfish, complacent or brown noses. Nice one Steve, just keep shifting the blame and taking no responsibility for your own failings. Glad he's gone.

​One day, he'll be an answer to one of your quiz questions. I daren't say what I think the question will be.

​I agree, this is what happens when you put a Derby fan in charge of key decisions. I told you I liked him, and I was right.

He reacts to media and fan hysteria? In fact, his reaction is fan hysteria.

He reacts to media and fan hysteria? In fact, his reaction is fan hysteria.

​Ever met him?

Know anything about him?

Know anything about what went on in the boardroom (besides the sour grapes of a sacked head coach)?

Know anything about how this decision is going to turn out?

Of course you don't. Your reaction is fan hysteria, his reaction is a businessman doing what he thinks is best for his investment.

Archived