Miles Addison in the premier league

TigerTedd

Reading up on Blackpools continued woe, where 17 players have been released (including several loans returned to parent clubs), leaving them with only 10 players, not including a goal keeper, and no manager, I realised that one of those released loan players is Miles Addison, who returns to Bournemouth. 

A) I thought he'd dropped off the face of the earth, I had know idea he was still plying a trade in the championship, let alone as part of the  Blackpool farce, which I was following reasonably closely as its like watching a soap opera. 

B) he returns to Bournemouth which technically makes him a premie league player now. I always knew that lad would make it. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading up on Blackpools continued woe, where 17 players have been released (including several loans returned to parent clubs), leaving them with only 10 players, not including a goal keeper, and no manager, I realised that one of those released loan players is Miles Addison, who returns to Bournemouth. 

A) I thought he'd dropped off the face of the earth, I had know idea he was still plying a trade in the championship, let alone as part of the  Blackpool farce, which I was following reasonably closely as its like watching a soap opera. 

B) he returns to Bournemouth which technically makes him a premie league player now. I always knew that lad would make it. 

​They have just 8 players, one of whom is Nile Ranger - strangely enough Nile, who hasn't turned up for training once this year let alone played a game, has had his contract renewed/option of another year taken up by the club.

The reason? Nile is on a pay-as-you-play contract, and his basic is minimum wage - he gets less than £150 a week from Blackpool. Oyston figures that someone somewhere will be willing to pay money for Ranger, so if Blackpool hadn't have taken up the one year option, Nile would have been a FREE agent. Now, if anyone wants him, they will have to pay a transfer fee.

Oyston only likes the word FREE when he is paying - everyone else has to dig deep.

Oh well. It's in his CV at least. No one has to know he was actually on the bench for the worst championship team in history while his team mates were winning promotion. 

​Having not played a single second of Championship football for them (over 2 seasons) I'm really not sure it is!

Miles Addison pick up line, "so how you doing, yeah I play in the premier league with Bournemouth you know, yeah look online if you don't believe me, oh yeah it says Bournemouth, oh wait, what does released mean...I ****, im sorry I only date premier league players" dohhh

​They have just 8 players, one of whom is Nile Ranger - strangely enough Nile, who hasn't turned up for training once this year let alone played a game, has had his contract renewed/option of another year taken up by the club.

The reason? Nile is on a pay-as-you-play contract, and his basic is minimum wage - he gets less than £150 a week from Blackpool. Oyston figures that someone somewhere will be willing to pay money for Ranger, so if Blackpool hadn't have taken up the one year option, Nile would have been a FREE agent. Now, if anyone wants him, they will have to pay a transfer fee.

Oyston only likes the word FREE when he is paying - everyone else has to dig deep.

​And I thought I was positive!

​Is that the Nile Ranger who featured on one of our "Summer Transfer Suggestions" threads a few seasons back?

my how far we've come.......

​Is that the Nile Ranger who featured on one of our "Summer Transfer Suggestions" threads a few seasons back?

my how far we've come.......

​and some people are complaining at the possibility of signing darren bent!

Calderwood's little nod when he said his defenders had obviously stopped playing when the goal was scored. Grrrrr. Still makes me seeth. But I suppose it's water under the bridge. At the end of the day, it didn't make a great deal of difference in the long term. 

Archived