SIGNED: Darren Bent

BottrillRAM

Darren Bent signing prediction  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I am sure that Clement wouldn't have a problem in adjusting to the Championship by the start of the season. My comment was aimed at the immediate need to sign players. Clement hasn't been in the country and therefore won't necessarily know who is available and indeed what the club currently needs.

​Clement doesn't need to know who's available, that's Chris Evans' job. He'd be provided with a big list of options, backed up by lengthy and detailed scout reports.

He'll also come in with some ideas and lists of his own, he's got a lot of contacts.

As for knowing what the club needs, you could say that about absolutely every manager! As it stands we've held onto the services of Paul Simpson and Eric Steele, another good resource to consult about 'where we are'. If he's as good a coach as it sounds then it won't take that long to suss out who's good enough.

​Watford's players were selected by the owners and the Boro manager was in his second season having failed to make the play offs in his first season. Joey Barton has said many complimentary things about Derby county FC over the past 12 months and for me would be a great addition with tremendous experience of the game gained at a high level.

Owners that have limited knowledge of championship football.

Just because Barton says nice things about us does not make him suitable, he will be at Newcastle as he is a fan of steve

Please don't sign Bent, please. It's like playing with 10 men when he plays.

​Trying….to take….comment….seriously

head.jpg

Bent could be a fantastic signing. We know he can score goals, and if Clement chooses to play a system that accomodates both Bent and Martin, they could end up getting 20 goals each!

Would love to know what people think Clement's style/tactics will be for Derby. it's difficult to suggest, I know, because he has no managerial past but if you look at Karanka's tactics at Boro you can see that his work under Mourinho has had a big influence (as Boro play boring, defensive football like all of Mourinho's teams)

Archived