SIGNED: Darren Bent

BottrillRAM

Darren Bent signing prediction  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sun report that we're close to getting him for £4m. I thought he was out of contract - unless that would be his wages. 

0416-ej-salt-pinch-620x400.jpg

Free agent 

£4m for 4 years £20k 

The sun need to look at it themselves its poor written tbf. 

Just saying :) 

Free agent 

£4m for 4 years £20k 

The sun need to look at it themselves its poor written tbf. 

Just saying :) 

You are correct to bring them up on poorly written articles DEL.  You are a credit to this Forum. Just saying.

You are correct to bring them up on poorly written articles DEL.  You are a credit to this Forum. Just saying.

Lol you're a legend. 

Nixon says Bent will sign for us very soon. I think we have a potentially amazing forward line shaping up, with Martin, Bent and Ince (hopefully) all clearly 20 goals a season players, Russell possibly in that bracket and Calero and Bennett champing at the bit to come through.

Nixon says Bent will sign for us very soon. I think we have a potentially amazing forward line shaping up, with Martin, Bent and Ince (hopefully) all clearly 20 goals a season players, Russell possibly in that bracket and Calero and Bennett champing at the bit to come through.

​I'm sorry but Russell will never, ever score 20 goals in an English league season.

Besides a couple of wonder goals, he's one of the worst finishing attackers I've seen.

​I'm sorry but Russell will never, ever score 20 goals in an English league season.

Besides a couple of wonder goals, he's one of the worst finishing attackers I've seen.

This is the classic negative attitude from fans that isn't helping. Russell is a hard-working, technically gifted player that is very capable of being in our starting eleven. He's more than capable of producing an end product, and getting at the opposition on the counter.

This is the classic negative attitude from fans that isn't helping. Russell is a hard-working, technically gifted player that is very capable of being in our starting eleven. He's more than capable of producing an end product, and getting at the opposition on the counter.

​He plays tiddlywinks?

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I am with you regarding general negativity, but if Russell ever scores 20 in a season I will eat JW's poo. Technically gifted would describe Iniesta, Messi, Ibrahamovic, etc. I think hard working journeyman is perhaps nearer to JR's ability and I love him for it.

Russell is my 3rd favourite player after Martin and Hughes but he isn't going to get close to 20 goals in 1 season, especially as a wide forward/winger.

Russell is my 3rd favourite player after Martin and Hughes but he isn't going to get close to 20 goals in 1 season, especially as a wide forward/winger.

​Clearly a team's not going to have four players scoring 20+ goals a season. However, I think Johnny has that potential if he played as the main striker in a team, but of course he doesn't for us (and I'll admit he struggled the way we tried to do that with him when there was no one else available). I do think when he's on form, he's a terrific instinctive finisher.

I'd settle next season for 20 each from Martin, Bent and Ince, 10 from JR and then another 30 divided between the rest of them (and I'm talking league goals here). Pretty sure that would get us up.

I don't want us to sign Bent, I really don't.

Comes across as one of those desperate, wage-sucking signings which do little good to the team. Yes he's a talented player, but he's not what we need.

We need that naive youthfulness back from last season which produced fast football, not experienced pros who will slow the game down.

I'm worried for us this summer. I don't want to say it, but looking at Shotton, Warnock and now Mac targetting Bent - it's these 'experienced' type of signings which ultimately ruined him at Forest.

I've learned two new concepts now.

"wage-suckers" and "shiit-deflectors".

(that why i come on here.........it's educational........)

I don't want us to sign Bent, I really don't.

Comes across as one of those desperate, wage-sucking signings which do little good to the team. Yes he's a talented player, but he's not what we need.

We need that naive youthfulness back from last season which produced fast football, not experienced pros who will slow the game down.

I'm worried for us this summer. I don't want to say it, but looking at Shotton, Warnock and now Mac targetting Bent - it's these 'experienced' type of signings which ultimately ruined him at Forest.

Agreed. Bent is a goalscorer of the highest order but when he's not scoring goals, he offers little else.

His wage demands will be highest in the club. You simply don't go from earning 80k a week and then accept 15k. A signing like him would put pressure on the wage budget.

Who would you play with a fully fit Martin and a fully fit Bent? One of them or both? I don't think they play well together on the evidence I have seen and Martin would get my vote every time. Neither player would accept a bench role.

Bringing these players to the club when they cannot get into the team of their parent club and they have a point to prove is great. It's a whole different situation when you sign them and you're stuck with them for 2~3 years.

I think Bent has a poor attitude as a player. He has always been in and out of sides and you have to question his attitude. I can see us signing him and a year down the line, we have another Ravanelli on our hands.

No thanks.

Sith Happens

I agree Martin and Bent, on the evidence so far dont work together. Bent scores goals but doesnt offer anywhere near as much as Martin does, i would rather us have a really good back up plan incase martin gets injured again, and bent wont be coming as a back up plan.

Archived