Raul Albentosa

rad1919

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it quite funny to see people on here professing to see some hidden gem.

If this guy was from a lower league English club he would be getting slaughtered (like Keogh and Christie).

The minimum I would expect from a professional footballer is for them to be competent with both feet.

​I agree, it's one of my greatest bugbears, but it's probably not fair to call him out on it when it's epidemic in the English game. Other than Martin name one player in our team who is competent with both feet. Even Hughesy won't touch it with his right foot. Ince the same. Forsyth the same. Russell, Ward, Shotton, Christie, Hendrick, so right footed. Sammon isn't much cop with either foot. 

Even in the Premier League, there are so many totally one footed players. Does my nut in.

Playing on the left hand side, he's always going to struggle. 

Playing in a shaky back four, he's always going to struggle.

Playing when he's yet to properly settle in to a new country and learn the language, he's always going to struggle.

Don't go and bash him just yet. He's played 6 f*cking games. 

I feel desperately sorry for him.

but the fans aren't on his back..............yet.

however - as i have said before, the players totally blanked him during the half time warm up v brentford.

Unfortunately he doesn't look like a great signing.

but nor does shotton.

rawson was striking the ball nicely during half time, and has been good for the u21s.

i can't help wondering whether buxton and rawson might be the future, with all the others driven out into the peak district and dumped in a lay by.

Anyone who reads my posts will know I am not a fan of Keogh but yes he has looked much better than Albentosa in my opinion.

Being a professional footballer and unable to play with both feet is embarrassing in my opinion...he is from Spain though so best cut him a bit of slack

​I'd be interested to see how many goals you think Albentosa could and should have prevented in his six games compared to Keogh!

And I would be interested to see how people are so sure that a player who can only kick with one foot, looks like he is running in treacle and hoofs 50 yard balls 10 feet above our players heads, will turn out to be a revelation next season.

I really hope he is but at the moment can only assume people are basing this on the sound of his name. 

And I would be interested to see how people are so sure that a player who can only kick with one foot, looks like he is running in treacle and hoofs 50 yard balls 10 feet above our players heads, will turn out to be a revelation next season.

I really hope he is but at the moment can only assume people are basing this on the sound of his name. 

​nobody is sure. But I am sure that I've seen players previously be this bad and go on to settle and be pretty decent. I'm not saying he will be awesome, I'm saying he looks to me like he could be and it's far too soon to write him off.

I have seen nothing at all to hint that he is even a division 4 player and I think the fact that we keep subing him, dropping him shows that the management think he is **** too...!

cant head, can't read the game and his big boot up field is embarrassing. 

Raul albentosa was signed from a tiny Spanish la liga team who nobody had heard of, this wasn't a player from real or barca

he had a few MOM performances and was deemed as a star defender when signed

as most Spanish players, it does take time for them to bed in, I don't think this one will tbh

I get what everyone is saying about him not knowing the language and needing time to settle, but Jota signed for Brentford and has been one of the best players in the league this season. He didn't know the language when he signed and previously played for Eibar as Raul did, so why can he arrive and have a big impact, but we have to give a player who was one of the best defenders in La Liga this season 6 or 7 months to settle?

I get what everyone is saying about him not knowing the language and needing time to settle, but Jota signed for Brentford and has been one of the best players in the league this season. He didn't know the language when he signed and previously played for Eibar as Raul did, so why can he arrive and have a big impact, but we have to give a player who was one of the best defenders in La Liga this season 6 or 7 months to settle?

​totally different. Jota's natural position is one that can hide. Albentosa, although being judged very harshly considering the team performance on the whole, cannot hide.

​nobody is sure. But I am sure that I've seen players previously be this bad and go on to settle and be pretty decent. I'm not saying he will be awesome, I'm saying he looks to me like he could be and it's far too soon to write him off.

Believe me when I say I hope he is but for anybody to say they've seen anything or he looks like he could be is utter rubbish because he has been utter dog **** in every game he has played so far.

Believe me when I say I hope he is but for anybody to say they've seen anything or he looks like he could be is utter rubbish because he has been utter dog **** in every game he has played so far.

​see, I kind of disagree. He's not been brilliant, but he's been no worse than Keogh, Forsyth and Shotton during any game. Today, he was marginally better than both Shotton and Keogh. Just to add that both of those could've directly prevented goals. Albentosa got megged on halfway yes, but there was plenty to do to score.

​totally different. Jota's natural position is one that can hide. Albentosa, although being judged very harshly considering the team performance on the whole, cannot hide.

You can't carry anyone in a football team and hope to compete.

I have seen nothing at all to hint that he is even a division 4 player and I think the fact that we keep subing him, dropping him shows that the management think he is **** too...!

cant head, can't read the game and his big boot up field is embarrassing. 

​Well if management think he's sausage they should take a great big beating themselves. I thought we were supposed to have watched Raul for ages before comitting - and look at all the efforts that went in to signing him, with Mel Morris doing his midnight flight to - er - Bilbao or wherever.

You can't carry anyone in a football team and hope to compete.

​I know, but there has been games where he's been ineffective and substituted. It's easier to bed into an advanced position than a defensive position. Just saying it's a pointless comparison.

​Jota can hide, but he hasn't, he's flourished. I have every faith Albentosa can come good, but he shouldn't get away with shocking performances because he needs time to settle in. It shouldn't take him 6+ months to learn the basic words needed to communicate on the pitch, I'd have hoped he'd have learnt them within the first 6 weeks 

Archived