Raul Albentosa

rad1919

Came with a big reputation but looks totally out of his depth. Reminds me too much of Claude Davis which is a pretty scary thought!

The whole back 5 needs a rethink in the summer. Some say this area was neglected but we signed Christie, Shotton, Warnock and Albentosa. Barring Christie's early season form they all look like pretty poor acquisitions.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has been a real disappointment but I think it's too early to write him off yet. Difficulties settling in and being in and out of a losing and unsettled back four won't have helped. A good pre-season and a bit more understanding with his fellow defenders will hopefully help. And he needs to learn about the Championship and how its played, though I imagine he's had rather a rude awakening in the last few weeks. 

It's been a hard introduction and I'm sure he will not be enjoying it, but now the season's ended he can take a little more time to get used to it all.

Playing on the wrong side. Came into a dreadful defence. Hardly speaks the language. A **** having at go at him constantly. No one wanting the ball so being forced to play long balls constantly. 

Must be great for him. 

Very poor today but the manager is not helping Steve are you in or are you out before I buy a season ticket

If you need to ask that, then it's probably best you save your money.

Yeah because he has really been given game time and the opportunity to settle in...seriously...if he has a full pre season lets see how he goes next year...if he doesnt improve thats a different matter but he has had no chance to bed in yet..

He's not as good as Claude. Claude would have a go and get it wrong 9 out of 10. Raul isn't having a go. Needs to grow a pair as he's passive. He's done nothing that any healthy 20-something couldn't do, and less than most. Doesn't look a player to me at all, and in with a shout as one of the worst centre backs I've ever seen. He can be a revelation next term, and I hope he is, but if we could cut our losses and give him back to Eibar free, I'd drive him to EMA tonight, and pack his ******* insoles for him.

pantomime horse  comes to mind ....     shocking signing ,   people appeared very euphoric  at his signing ....doubt if anyone had heard of him before he came here ....would willingly let him go  back to spain

Exactly - Keogh is a donkey every game - another dive in handball in the box today that he has got away with a few times but conceded a penalty recently...

Our defence across the board has been on a par with Blackpool for way too long..

I'd like to butt into your petty little scapegoating and tell you right now, this guy is much better than anyone else.

When posters on here have slated Martin, Buxton, Ince, Bent, Ibe etc as they were signed, I argued.

I admit he's been poor, but I've seen enough about him to know that once he's settled and embedded, he will be a monster.

Well I know nothing whatsoever about him other than what I've seen at the iPro, and what I've seen at the iPro has been embarrassing both on the ball and defensively. As I said, he might be a revelation next season and I hope he is - so far he's been pony.

Exactly - Keogh is a donkey every game - another dive in handball in the box today that he has got away with a few times but conceded a penalty recently...

Our defence across the board has been on a par with Blackpool for way too long..

​He's been our best defender overall this season.

Archived