Goals Conceded by Player on Average

rammieib

OK - So I went as far back as the Forest game, as it was roughly then that Albentosa was signed (Made his debut the following week against Chesterfield)

So the stats below show per 90 minutes (Excludes added on time, but goals scored in added on time obviously count!) the number of goals conceded by the player.

Keogh - 1.45
Forsyth - 1.44
Shotton - 1.44
Christie - 1.87
Warnock - 1.59
Albentosa - 1.03
Bucko - 1.34
Whitbread - 0

Grant - 1.5

So I've highlighted the two aspects which stand out for me the most - we are more than likely going to concede 2 goals if Christie was playing, and if Albentosa is on the pitch, the defence becomes more solid.

Interesting that Bucko came out this low. The more I consider it, Albentosa and Bucko are our best defensive pairing, Forsyth at left back and Shotton at right back.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK - So I went as far back as the Forest game, as it was roughly then that Albentosa was signed (Made his debut the following week against Chesterfield)

So the stats below show per 90 minutes (Excludes added on time, but goals scored in added on time obviously count!) the number of goals conceded by the player.

Keogh - 1.45
Forsyth - 1.44
Shotton - 1.44
Christie - 1.87
Warnock - 1.59
Albentosa - 1.03
Bucko - 1.34
Whitbread - 0

Grant - 1.5

So I've highlighted the two aspects which stand out for me the most - we are more than likely going to concede 2 goals if Christie was playing, and if Albentosa is on the pitch, the defence becomes more solid.

Interesting that Bucko came out this low. The more I consider it, Albentosa and Bucko are our best defensive pairing, Forsyth at left back and Shotton at right back.

Makes sense, so what games have they played together as a pair?

How much better would Albentosa's score have been if he'd played on the right side of defence from the start.

He looks slow because he comes from a more technical based league, the pace of championship football means he rushes passes and his distribution is sometimes wayward. Let's judge him on next years performances, he needs to be in a settled team.

thing is they are all OK defenders at this level but there seems to be no understanding, confidence is ruined and the defensive unit is non existent, and there is little cover form a midfield prone to gifting attacking opportunities to the other side.

I'd suggest the following individual training regimes:

Christie - the rack

Keogh - water torture

Whitbread - trial by fire

Grant - trial by water

Fozzy - iron maiden (listening)

Wornock - iron maiden (the spiky box)

Albentosa - bad fish and chips

Buxton - weak and milky tea until he can stand it no more.

Shotton - banishment to the wilderness until he has atoned for his not being as good as Wisdom. Probably to Stoke or Newcastle under Lime.

thing is they are all OK defenders at this level but there seems to be no understanding, confidence is ruined and the defensive unit is non existent, and there is little cover form a midfield prone to gifting attacking opportunities to the other side.

Christie - the rack

Keogh - water torture

Grant - trial by water

Shotton - banishment to the wilderness until he has atoned for his not being as good as Wisdom. Probably to Stoke or Newcastle under Lime.

​thats harsh

bucko needs to learn how to handle a coffee cup before he can move onto tea

Keogh - 1.45
Forsyth - 1.44
Shotton - 1.44
Christie - 1.87
Warnock - 1.59
Albentosa - 1.03
Bucko - 1.34
Whitbread - 0

Grant - 1.5

​Buxton and Albentosa with Thorne sat in front would be a delight. 

How much better would Albentosa's score have been if he'd played on the right side of defence from the start.

He looks slow because he comes from a more technical based league, the pace of championship football means he rushes passes and his distribution is sometimes wayward. Let's judge him on next years performances, he needs to be in a settled team.

Sorry but any decent player can distribute the football wether playing on the right or left. Also if he if Is used to a more technical  game then that should help if he is required to pass quickly. 

PistoldPete2

Albentosas distribution has been very poor, as has fozzys especially at centre back. Playing them both together as a cb  partnership was a disaster. Whitbreads stats are more telling, but sadly he is a total sick note and I doubt we will see him play again this season.  

Christie - the rack

Keogh - water torture

Grant - trial by water

Think Grant has already been given a Trail by Butter. 

Archived