Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO Ince and Christie wont work.... We can dream we could sign Wisdom and Ince, that would look a strong side

​Spot on.

Christie and Forsyth looked brilliant with Ward and Russell playing in front of them. Both attacking players tracked back tirelessly to help out. When Ibe first came in the full back on his side suddenly looked really out of sorts - the dodgy defending just happened to be whichever side Ibe was playing at the time - because he offered no support to the full back. However, during his last five games, Ibe had been coached to attend to his defencive duties as well. It is no coincidence that Ibe's last month was our best form of the season. Ibe gets replaced by Ince and Russell and Ward lose form and fitness and our full backs look like the worst players in the world. It is no coincidence.

Ince is more effective than either Russell or Ward in attack, but far less so in defence. This puts more onus on the full backs to stay back and defend, and changes the whole dynamic of the side. We lose all width and the defencive frailties of Forsyth and Christie are exaggerated, whilst their attacking prowess is firmly blunted. 

I'm not saying don't sign Ince, but we need to be aware that he doesn't actually fit the 433 system very well as we usually play it. 

​Spot on.

Christie and Forsyth looked brilliant with Ward and Russell playing in front of them. Both attacking players tracked back tirelessly to help out. When Ibe first came in the full back on his side suddenly looked really out of sorts - the dodgy defending just happened to be whichever side Ibe was playing at the time - because he offered no support to the full back. However, during his last five games, Ibe ad been coached to attend to his defencive duties as well. It is no coincidence that Ibe's last month was our best form of the season. Ibe gets replaced by Ince and Russell and Ward lose form and fitness and our full backs look like the worst players in the world. It is no coincidence.

Ince is more effective than either Russell or Ward in attack, but far less so in defence. This puts more onus on the full backs to stay back and defend, and changes the whole dynamic of the side. We lose all width and the defencive frailties of Forsyth and Christie are exaggerated, whilst their attacking prowess is firmly blunted. 

I'm not saying don't sign Ince, but we need to be aware that he doesn't actually fit the 433 system very well as we usually play it. 

​Maybe we should revert to a 4 2 3 1 which ince in the hole behind Martin? Play Russell on one wing and sign another winger to play on the other side. Letting ince free roam in that role could benefit him and us defensively if we can get another russell esque winger in who's pretty good going forward but helps protect us defensively. 

Sooner spend the couple of millions on a first rate defensive midfielder.

Get Martin fit , and stick Russell on the right wing and we will be fine.

​I presume that you have written Thorne off then.

Is that a realistic assessment?

​Maybe we should revert to a 4 2 3 1 which ince in the hole behind Martin? Play Russell on one wing and sign another winger to play on the other side. Letting ince free roam in that role could benefit him and us defensively if we can get another russell esque winger in who's pretty good going forward but helps protect us defensively. 

​This is what I hoped for but (I like McClaren before people get opinionated) we only really stick to two systems, I think this one should've been attempted

​Definitely not , but would you go into another season without some class in that position , My recollection may be a bit out , but I seem to remember that Thorne ,  when operated on , it was stated he should be available late January .

Eustace is out of contract , will he get a new  one ?.

We need someone in that position every game , not make do and mend like we have for most of the last season.

As I said I think a class D/M is a bigger priority than signing Ince , IMHO .

​No... I've decide we need two... go full Chelsea... One to do the real kicking and one to spread the ball...

4-2-3-1 is the way forward

Granty

Christie Keogh Raul Fozzy

Thorne (insert thug here)

Ince Hughes Russell

Martin

I'm available for tactical/strategy advice if anyone from the club is reading...

​This is what I hoped for but (I like McClaren before people get opinionated) we only really stick to two systems, I think this one should've been attempted

​I think one of the mistakes this season was buying players all to fit one system, this summer we should certainly look to work on two systems so we have a different way of playing. I too like Stevie Mac but this summer is huge for him to get things right as I think next season is his last chance to take us up.

​I think one of the mistakes this season was buying players all to fit one system, this summer we should certainly look to work on two systems so we have a different way of playing. I too like Stevie Mac but this summer is huge for him to get things right as I think next season is his last chance to take us up.

​My dream signings would be Mascarell, Ince and Wisdom not too bothered about elsewhere, we have great depth in the youth system. Calero, Guy, Rawson, Hanson, Hendrie, Sharpe all good players I expect a few to move up soon, if Hughes goes I see Guy making the step up to midfield.

We do have potential to play different systems but like you said, all of the players are suited to 1 system unfortunately

Yea I agree, overly flamboyant and not a real tryer. What we need is a player with average ability who will run alot and really try, put in a few hard tackles. His final ball, set pieces and finishing is all insignificant as he does try and work hard for the team. We need a big six foot guy out there to break someones legs.

Just to summarise the tripe in this thread.

He's a quality young player and has been the best winger in the league since he signed, we need him back next year or a winger of similar quality. Loan another winger, promote Calero, sell Ward and we might have a fighting chance

Like Robbie Savage?

​My dream signings would be Mascarell, Ince and Wisdom not too bothered about elsewhere, we have great depth in the youth system. Calero, Guy, Rawson, Hanson, Hendrie, Sharpe all good players I expect a few to move up soon, if Hughes goes I see Guy making the step up to midfield.

We do have potential to play different systems but like you said, all of the players are suited to 1 system unfortunately

​Personally I think we have to sign at least one experienced CB and possibly bring in another quality one. I'm not a Keogh hater at all, I don't think I have ever singled him out on here but for me I'd like to see us freshen up the defence a little and move on a few players including Keogh, Whitbread, O brien and the two naylors. I wouldn't be particularly fussed if Shotton went but he only joined in Jan so I am not expecting him to go. 

I'd like these two new CBS and albentosa to be fighting out for the two starting places with which ever one doesn't make it, buxton and Rawson as back up. Rawson should definitely be given game time next season. Like you say we have a good bunch of young players and I'd like to see at least 2 or 3 of them (Rawson, Calero, Guy) become regulars of the match days squads. However I don't think we can rely on them to take us where we want to, not by themselves anyway we need to bring for me 7 or 8 new first team players, mainly defensively to really freshen up the team and brush off some cobwebs. After two seasons of missing out and some of the defensive horrors we have seen in recent weeks, it would be the biggest mistake not to rectify it once and for all to get us where we want to go. 

Wisdom is a big yes for me and with mac staying I am sure he will try to get him. Wisdom has barely touched a ball since jan for west brom, cannot see for the life of me Liverpool rejecting a bid from us if its the right price and unless any teams come in for him then I can't see why he wouldn't want to rejoin us. 

​Personally I think we have to sign at least one experienced CB and possibly bring in another quality one. I'm not a Keogh hater at all, I don't think I have ever singled him out on here but for me I'd like to see us freshen up the defence a little and move on a few players including Keogh, Whitbread, O brien and the two naylors. I wouldn't be particularly fussed if Shotton went but he only joined in Jan so I am not expecting him to go. 

I'd like these two new CBS and albentosa to be fighting out for the two starting places with which ever one doesn't make it, buxton and Rawson as back up. Rawson should definitely be given game time next season. Like you say we have a good bunch of young players and I'd like to see at least 2 or 3 of them (Rawson, Calero, Guy) become regulars of the match days squads. However I don't think we can rely on them to take us where we want to, not by themselves anyway we need to bring for me 7 or 8 new first team players, mainly defensively to really freshen up the team and brush off some cobwebs. After two seasons of missing out and some of the defensive horrors we have seen in recent weeks, it would be the biggest mistake not to rectify it once and for all to get us where we want to go. 

Wisdom is a big yes for me and with mac staying I am sure he will try to get him. Wisdom has barely touched a ball since jan for west brom, cannot see for the life of me Liverpool rejecting a bid from us if its the right price and unless any teams come in for him then I can't see why he wouldn't want to rejoin us. 

​He has gone of the boil but the tag of Under21 Captain still lingers, don't think Liverpool need him, but Johnson is awful and maybe leaving and Flannagan is out for the season... Hopefully they get a good RB to let Wisdom come here

​Definitely not , but would you go into another season without some class in that position , My recollection may be a bit out , but I seem to remember that Thorne ,  when operated on , it was stated he should be available late January .

Eustace is out of contract , will he get a new  one ?.

We need someone in that position every game , not make do and mend like we have for most of the last season.

As I said I think a class D/M is a bigger priority than signing Ince , IMHO .

Yes, it was a bit out. ​It was always stated "This injury is usually around 6-9 months".

​He has gone of the boil but the tag of Under21 Captain still lingers, don't think Liverpool need him, but Johnson is awful and maybe leaving and Flannagan is out for the season... Hopefully they get a good RB to let Wisdom come here

Maybe but I reckon he would still do a great job for us. I expect Liverpool will strengthen that position and with his less than successful loan at West Bromwich they will probably think it's time to move him a long. 

Hopefully we can get the best of what we saw out of him again.

​Spot on.

Christie and Forsyth looked brilliant with Ward and Russell playing in front of them. Both attacking players tracked back tirelessly to help out. When Ibe first came in the full back on his side suddenly looked really out of sorts - the dodgy defending just happened to be whichever side Ibe was playing at the time - because he offered no support to the full back. However, during his last five games, Ibe had been coached to attend to his defencive duties as well. It is no coincidence that Ibe's last month was our best form of the season. Ibe gets replaced by Ince and Russell and Ward lose form and fitness and our full backs look like the worst players in the world. It is no coincidence.

​Nicely put!

I think we need to go for a more solid back 4 next season. Sacrifice the attacking abilities and strengthen in the areas we clearly lacked this season as we just need to be harder to beat.

Archived