Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£5m is crazy if this was 2012, it just isn't. This is just what it costs these days, even in the Championship - rightly or wrongly.

We've broken the World Transfer Record multiple times since coming down... the 1970s World Transfer Record that is...

5m is absolutely nothing in this day and age, if we expecting 5m for hendrick, expect 10m+ for hughes, players like ulloa and mccormack go for over 10m, and the likes of ipswich demanding 10m+ for the likes of mings and bishop, 5m for a proven quality championship player who will be good for 15+ goals from the wing is every bit worth 5m. Just because we have a paltry record for highest fee paid for a player, doesnt mean we have to remain like this forever, its 2015, big fees for proven players is the norm.

Other than the money building interest in an account is there any other benefit of paying instalments rather than paying it all off?

Balancing the books... If you can pay over 24 months it splits the fee across seasons for FFP... Also it's slightly easier on the bottom line to see it coming out in smaller chunks than all in one go (may be able to offset vs other revenues more easily?)

Balancing the books... If you can pay over 24 months it splits the fee across seasons for FFP... Also it's slightly easier on the bottom line to see it coming out in smaller chunks than all in one go (may be able to offset vs other revenues more easily?)

With the new 3 year rule, if the deal is stalling surely it would be best just to pay it off? Maybe even get a better deal with paying a lump sum.

For FFP, the transfer fee is divided by the length of contract ie £5 million fee on a 4 yr contract makes a £1.25m p/a impact on the FFP figure, regardless of how the money is paid.

Obviously makes an impact on liquidity paying it all up front though, it could be we don't have £5 million in the bank at this time.

With the new 3 year rule, if the deal is stalling surely it would be best just to pay it off? Maybe even get a better deal with paying a lump sum.

For FFP, the transfer fee is divided by the length of contract ie £5 million fee on a 4 yr contract makes a £1.25m p/a impact on the FFP figure, regardless of how the money is paid.

Obviously makes an impact on liquidity paying it all up front though, it could be we don't have £5 million in the bank at this time.

It was pure speculation on my part...

A lot of people seem to think he doesn't track back well enough, and the only time he has he conceded a penalty! That he unbalances the team and this contributed in part to our defensive collapse in the last couple of months of the season?

I think he's an excellent player and easily too good for the Championship given his form with us, but can we afford to cough up so much for him? It's a huge amount of money. 

That's simply untrue. When he first signed, that's what I expected but he proved many people wrong as he turned out to be one of our hardest working players, often tracking back further than Russell.

£5 million is nothing compared to the money we will recieve if we secure promotion. If Ince is a pivotal part in us achieveing that, then it's money well spent.

Dunno much about finances but I think Ince will be a stellar signing in this division - 20+ goals a season if played in the right formation.  I'd certainly not want to see him in the oppositions line up on match day.

I'd play him in a 4-2-3-1 set up with George Thorne and A.N.Other taking it in turns to sit in front of the back four/cover and charge forwards.  With our attacking options and potential defensive recruits the bookies may as well pay out on my promotion bet right now! 

As reveldevil rightly says,transfer payments have nothing to do with FFP. This rolling 3 year assessment seems a bit unclear to me; it starts in 16/17,but I can't work out whether you have to wait until 18/19 before looking back over 3 years,or if (in 16/17) you look at that year in conjunction with 15/16 and 14/15.

The one thing that puts me off the latter alternative is the fact that the FFP limit for 14/15 was only £6m.Assuming clubs complied with this,then it would appear to me that they could post £6m for 14/15,£13m for 15/16 and then £20m for 16/17 and still stay within the £39m 3 year rolling figure. However,the thing that might pull me back towards it is,looking at my example and taking the period 15/16 to 17/18,they would then only be able to post £6m in 17/18 to then comply with the rolling £39m.

Don't think it's anything we should be particularly bothered about though.We'd have to go some to post £13m,let alone anything bigger

I'm still seeing comments on his 'attitude' - it's unbelievable. 

I've heard and read some **** in my time as a supporter, but to question Ince's attitude is ridiculous.

He worked as hard, maybe even harder, than any of our players in that last three months. Even against Reading, it was summed up after we had a corner, Reading got it clear and broke and he was the closest player to Grant by the time their attack was fluffed. We were 2-0 down at that point, with about 30 mins to go. 

Here's a stat for you.

Ball Recoveries per game from our wide midfielders since the game Ince joined:
4.17 - Tom Ince
3 - Simon Dawkins
2.6 - Jamie Ward
2.38 - Johnny Russell

Conclusive evidence that some people talk nothing but absolute guff based on such little evidence its laughable.

I'm still seeing comments on his 'attitude' - it's unbelievable. 

I've heard and read some **** in my time as a supporter, but to question Ince's attitude is ridiculous.

He worked as hard, maybe even harder, than any of our players in that last three months. Even against Reading, it was summed up after we had a corner, Reading got it clear and broke and he was the closest player to Grant by the time their attack was fluffed. We were 2-0 down at that point, with about 30 mins to go. 

Here's a stat for you.

Ball Recoveries per game from our wide midfielders since the game Ince joined:
4.17 - Tom Ince
3 - Simon Dawkins
2.6 - Jamie Ward
2.38 - Johnny Russell

Conclusive evidence that some people talk nothing but absolute guff based on such little evidence its laughable.

But.....I thought Johnny Russell was the hardest working, ball winning midfielder EVER???

Archived