Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They think they are signing Ravel Morrison!? LOL.

Funny is it? They hoping we lose Hughes + Martin, I think they should worry about their team for a starter. TINPOT

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is QPR the new Notts forest?

Don't think so. Forest, for all their faults, have got fans. QPR are just supported by people who can't get in at Chelsea.

PistoldPete2

doesn't make sense, ... If Derby met the buy out clause, how was it down to others to let him leave? Does he mean others wouldn't offer him a new contract, or doing anything more to try and stop him leaving? Fact is he wanted to leave, and I'm not surprised when Bruce didn't  pick him. Or was that someone else's fault too? 

I remain unconvINCEd about Steve Bruce's reaction to Ince leaving. We have paid a lot of money for Ince. Bruce did not play Ince. Bruce is covering himself against fans moaning about him.Behold, it is not my fault. All he could be saying is that the Board could have offered Ince more money. What kind of case did Bruce have for telling the Board to give more money to a player that he never played? Bruce knows that he has got a lot of money for a player that never played. He can go and buy three players for the price of Ince. Bruce's real problem is that if he is not in the top three at Xmas then he may be sacked..

Clement strikes me as a very intelligent man who will not be blaming others. He will let the players do the talking. We expect the Rams to make a cracking start. Realistically the players will need time to gel. In Clement's favour is the sheer fact that the players will have to hit the ground running because any Derby players who get off to a bad start by making schoolboy errors will be out of the picture for a while and probably on their way.Clement will not be defending players who are playing badly, he will be dropping them.The biggest mistake that any Derby players can make is to not follow the tactics as laid out clearly by Clement. Clement knows that he is going to get Rampage's Fantasy £20 million as a total by the end of the season, this leaves him with about £12 to spend. If we get Shackell for £2.5m and Bridcutt for £2m,, he will then have about £7m to spend at Xmas. I believe that if we are in the top two at the beginning of january we will sign more players on loan who can play in the Premiership. They will have clauses like Ince had so that we can get them if we want.It is all looking good but many clubs in our division will be eyeing Derby as their cup final and will try extra hard to beat us, especially at the iPro.

I remain unconvINCEd about Steve Bruce's reaction to Ince leaving. We have paid a lot of money for Ince. Bruce did not play Ince. Bruce is covering himself against fans moaning about him.Behold, it is not my fault. All he could be saying is that the Board could have offered Ince more money. What kind of case did Bruce have for telling the Board to give more money to a player that he never played? Bruce knows that he has got a lot of money for a player that never played. He can go and buy three players for the price of Ince. Bruce's real problem is that if he is not in the top three at Xmas then he may be sacked..

Clement strikes me as a very intelligent man who will not be blaming others. He will let the players do the talking. We expect the Rams to make a cracking start. Realistically the players will need time to gel. In Clement's favour is the sheer fact that the players will have to hit the ground running because any Derby players who get off to a bad start by making schoolboy errors will be out of the picture for a while and probably on their way.Clement will not be defending players who are playing badly, he will be dropping them.The biggest mistake that any Derby players can make is to not follow the tactics as laid out clearly by Clement. Clement knows that he is going to get Rampage's Fantasy £20 million as a total by the end of the season, this leaves him with about £12 to spend. If we get Shackell for £2.5m and Bridcutt for £2m,, he will then have about £7m to spend at Xmas. I believe that if we are in the top two at the beginning of january we will sign more players on loan who can play in the Premiership. They will have clauses like Ince had so that we can get them if we want.It is all looking good but many clubs in our division will be eyeing Derby as their cup final and will try extra hard to beat us, especially at the iPro.

Bruce is trying to get Allam to sack him before he gets blamed for Hull's relegation to League 1

There's a civil war breaking out on Hull's not606 over this. Pretty interesting to read, seems the posters with common sense are very concerned at the implications that Bruce didn't know a great deal about the whole thing.

Obviously there's plenty of posters like there on any club. He's gone so he's ****. 

Also they linked to a HITC article about Forest fan's reaction to Ince. Whoever wrote the article cherry picked all the negative ones, lazy. Plenty of Forest fans are offering praise at us for signing him.

Don't really care what other fans think of us signing him.

Best attacking player in the league and we got him for £5m on a 4 year contract. Can't really argue with that on the current market.

As for the bad attitude (which seems to be his main criticism), it's completely non-existant. He seemed to be the only player who gave a **** when everything was falling apart and, if it weren't for him and Bent, we'd have been much, much worse off.

All in all, ridiculously happy with this. I have a very good feeling that he's going to fire us to the top flight.

I dunno where the bad attitude thing came from either...

Just watch the 'Thomas Ince Goals Montage' video, there are a couple of instances in which we're losing, he scores a goal and runs into the back of the net to grab and respot the ball asap.

Quality player, full of desire and has a will to win.  Welcome aboard Tom :)

Another interesting article about this.....

The Rams have agreed a reported £4.75million fee with fellow Championship side Hull City for the 23-year-old winger, who spent last season on loan at the club, and who before that was at Nottingham Forest and Crystal Palace on loan, and Blackpool and before that at Liverpool. Ince, 23, has signed a four-year deal with Derby after the Rams activated his buy-out clause.

The 23-year-old winger's transfer fee  is a new record transfer fee for the club, eclipsing the £3.5million transfer fee paid to Norwich City for Rob Earnshaw in 2007.Ince scored 11 goals in 18 games for the Rams last season. 

Meanwhile Tigers boss Steve Bruce is reported to be unhappy at the deal. The 23-year-old was apparently an integral part of his plans to win promotion.

“I certainly wouldn’t have sold Tom" explained the 54-year old. "We certainly shouldn’t be selling our top young players. I saw him as an integral part of my plans".

City's need for new midfielders has become more pressing with the exit of 29-year old Stephen Quinn on a free transfer. At the top of Steve Bruce's wish-list is Cardiff City's 30-year old star Peter Whittingham. However Bluebirds boss Russel Slade, also 54, insists there will be no exodus of key talent on his watch this close-season.

“The players we have who are important to us we, of course, will be looking to hold onto for us,” said Slade.

HITC

We have such a strong attack now and feel that we will still improve it with some loans. Between Martin, Bent, Ince, Weimann and Russell I expect 80 goals at least. Attack wise we are more than strong enough. Promotion will depend on our ability to defend. 

it's very ignorant of them to compare. Podolski's age and wages have been overlooked. 

and also how much of a difference to the team is he going to cause compared to Ince's influence on Derby.

Gutted to miss out on Podolski at that price.

Fee that could rise to £10m + £120k a week wages :lol: The worst comparison I've ever seen the BBC try to make

Archived