The Saviour Cometh

Dale The Ram

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well he is travelling with the squad as I've just seen him at the training ground getting on the team coach

Them buses don't drive themselves you know? 

Actually scratch that, last thing you'd want is someone with his sense of direction, and delicate touch, in control of a shopping trolley, never mind a large vehicle.

One of my favourite players just for being an absolute sheer donkey.

It's actually hilarious watching him run with the ball - every second or third touch is him clattering the defender after kicking it too far infront of him.

Has he ever scored a good goal? The ones that come to mind are those like that Leeds goal or the one against Boro in the last minute last season. How he managed to scoop it over the goalkeeper's head from six yards I will never know.

Was it Sammon, Russel it Bryson that scored that goal from the kick off up in Scotland and we were all creaming over it? For some reason I thought it was Sammon, but I can't believe that now. I know when we first went on for him, there was something that made us think he was a reasonable prospect. He must have done something good in Scotland. 

Was it Sammon, Russel it Bryson that scored that goal from the kick off up in Scotland and we were all creaming over it? For some reason I thought it was Sammon, but I can't believe that now. I know when we first went on for him, there was something that made us think he was a reasonable prospect. He must have done something good in Scotland. 

The guy who scored from kick off for Scotland was Chris Maguire. Sammon is Irish. 

Everyone was raving about Sammon because he had scored a few goals in the SPL, was untried at a premier league club in Wigan and was therefore an unknown entity and he had a price tag that labelled him as a "1 million pound striker".

Chris Martin is a "0 pound striker" I've never really got why the price paid for a striker indicates their ability. It completely depends on the contract situation of the player and is not a true refekection of their quality.

suppose fans had been calling out for a "1 million pound" striker whatever that actually means. I think a lot of fans just wanted to see the board spend some money at the time. 

Archived