The Saviour Cometh

Dale The Ram

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying he's the Best footballer ever.

but I do think he was never as bad as some on here said he was.

he had some shocking games.

but he also put in some half decent performances.

hes no Aguero, Suarez or Chrissy Martin.

but he's no Leon Best either.

if he works hard and earns a place in the squad to come and scare the bejeezus out of Millwall or Readings defenders then good luck to him.

I'm not having it. Proper donkey. 

There's no other Derby player I've called a donkey in a long time. Theo Robinson had some thing that made him good. I don't know what it was, but there was something. Luke Moore could play football. He just had the movement of a multi story car park combined with the football quality of Nicky Hunt. I might have called him a donkey actually but now I can see he's really more of a sloth. 

Actually Sammon isn't a donkey either. Donkeys stand still. Sammon is a gazelle that needs a wee while being chased by a lion. The legs are not under his control. I think they perhaps belong to a morris dancer. His head, while clearly maintaining good hygene, is anti football. That explains why it shines. It never gets used. Inside his head where you'd expect to find a brain are simply the letters P A N I C. 

He's a failed experiment useful only for making opposition defenders kick the ball. 

And his shooting. The best and funniest shot I have ever seen in my life was when he scored v Leeds and Paddy Kenny, clearly expecting a proper shot from a footballer,  did a great dive towards the corner. Had Sammon had a shot then I'm sure Kenny would have made the best save of the season. He didn't shoot though. I don't know what he did. It was so unique that they haven't come up with a term for it. Not even Ramage. He sort of rolled it, pushed it while falling over. Kenny, who was in midair at this point just had time to look over his shoulder as the ball trickled past. You could sense the tension in the atmosphere as people began worrying Kenny might have time to get up and go fetch it before it crosses the line. 

Sith Happens

£50 says he does a Zamora and scores the winner in the 90th minute at Wembley haha, instant hero. . . 

​yeah for middlesboro , own goal

I'm not having it. Proper donkey. 

There's no other Derby player I've called a donkey in a long time. Theo Robinson had some thing that made him good. I don't know what it was, but there was something. Luke Moore could play football. He just had the movement of a multi story car park combined with the football quality of Nicky Hunt. I might have called him a donkey actually but now I can see he's really more of a sloth. 

Actually Sammon isn't a donkey either. Donkeys stand still. Sammon is a gazelle that needs a wee while being chased by a lion. The legs are not under his control. I think they perhaps belong to a morris dancer. His head, while clearly maintaining good hygene, is anti football. That explains why it shines. It never gets used. Inside his head where you'd expect to find a brain are simply the letters P A N I C. 

He's a failed experiment useful only for making opposition defenders kick the ball. 

And his shooting. The best and funniest shot I have ever seen in my life was when he scored v Leeds and Paddy Kenny, clearly expecting a proper shot from a footballer,  did a great dive towards the corner. Had Sammon had a shot then I'm sure Kenny would have made the best save of the season. He didn't shoot though. I don't know what he did. It was so unique that they haven't come up with a term for it. Not even Ramage. He sort of rolled it, pushed it while falling over. Kenny, who was in midair at this point just had time to look over his shoulder as the ball trickled past. You could sense the tension in the atmosphere as people began worrying Kenny might have time to get up and go fetch it before it crosses the line. 

You describe it with such passion I want to see it now. All I could find when I searched was his penalty, which wasn't actually a penalty, it was a genius assist for Coutts. That's another one with such a lack of power that the keeper could have got up and had a second attempt at saving it if he'd realised. 

I'm not saying he's the Best footballer ever.

but I do think he was never as bad as some on here said he was.

he had some shocking games.

but he also put in some half decent performances.

hes no Aguero, Suarez or Chrissy Martin.

but he's no Leon Best either.

if he works hard and earns a place in the squad to come and scare the bejeezus out of Millwall or Readings defenders then good luck to him.

​I can't believe I just read Chris Martin in the same comparison with Aguero and Suarez.

Archived